Subject: Re: bug#74230: 30.0.92; eshell-emit-prompt clobbers text properties
From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2024 10:33:18 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 11/14/2024 12:52 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2024 10:16:16 -0800
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Personally, I'd be ok with having this be a known bug (there's a
>> workaround for Emacs 30) and fixing it on master. But if you think this
>> change is ok for the release branch, I'd also be ok with installing
>> there; then people don't need to deal with the workaround.
> 
> I agree, let's fix this on master.

Sounds good to me. I've therefore merged my patch to the master branch 
as df288d2e414, so closing this bug.

If we think this issue is important enough to fix for Emacs 30, I 
suppose we could consider backporting my patch for the (hypothetical) 
30.2 release after 30.1 is tagged. Then users could get the fix a bit 
faster, and we wouldn't be adding last-minute changes to 30.1. I don't 
have a strong opinion on whether to do this or not though.