Subject: Re: bug#7382: 24.0.50; lucid menu bar is all blank
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:14:23 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closed this thread since it doesn't seem to be a bug.

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:
> Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> wrote:
[...]
>> Can you try starting emacs with -xrm '*faceName: none'?

> It makes the menu bar display item texts properly with `emacs -Q'.

I guess something has changed in Emacs trunk just before I upgraded
Fedora into 14 in October 25.  But that's ok.  After a long time
I created the ~/.Xdefaults file with these two items:

Emacs.pane.menubar.faceName:	none
Emacs.pane.dialog.faceName:	none

I had no X resource for Emacs for over ten years because:

1. I'd like to use a true vanilla Emacs when testing something.
2. Some X resources conflicted between Emacs and XEmacs.
3. Most things can be controlled with ELisp.

So, I'd be happy if there are ELisp interfaces to those faceName
items, including (set-face-font 'menu "FONT") that works. :)

Regards,