Subject: Core packages updated broke Guix
From: Edison Ibáñez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2024 21:43:33 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With the last update of core packages they broke guix and it can no
longer be used, every time I run it I get the following error:

/gnu/store/s4pajb5dkar0ig5z572nxkp04sizhp7q-guile-wrapper/bin/guile:
/home/arkhan/.guix-profile/lib/libcrypt.so.1: version `XCRYPT_2.0' not
found (required by
/gnu/store/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9/lib/libguile-3.0.so.1)
/gnu/store/s4pajb5dkar0ig5z572nxkp04sizhp7q-guile-wrapper/bin/guile:
/home/arkhan/.guix-profile/lib/libm.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.38' not found
(required by
/gnu/store/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9/lib/libguile-3.0.so.1)
/gnu/store/s4pajb5dkar0ig5z572nxkp04sizhp7q-guile-wrapper/bin/guile:
/home/arkhan/.guix-profile/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.38' not found
(required by
/gnu/store/mfkz7fvlfpv3ppwbkv0imb19nrf95akf-guile-3.0.9/lib/libguile-3.0.so.1)
/gnu/store/s4pajb5dkar0ig5z572nxkp04sizhp7q-guile-wrapper/bin/guile:
/home/arkhan/.guix-profile/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.38' not found
(required by
/gnu/store/pr73chdirm3jc2j7npc6hqzmcwjs7l8m-libgc-8.2.4/lib/libgc.so.1)

with guix pull --roll-back you can return to using plaster, but with
plaster pull it breaks again.

Thanks