Subject: [PATCH 0/1] Update Minetest to 5.9.0 (again)
From: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2024 12:52:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sending again after sending guix lint messages.

Minetest got updated to 5.9.0. This was a big update with major changes.
Minetest Game (MTG) got dropped - is not longer the official game for the
Minetest engine, and got debundled from default Minetest (engine) shipped
to players. Hence I'm debundling it from this Guix package renamed from
"minetest-data" to "minetest-minetest-game" and deprecated the former package.
In this release irrlicht-for-minetest got merged into Minetest's tree, so
I'm deprecating the package. I also had to adjust the minetest build system
to use the new "minetest-minetest-game" package for testing.
MTG also entered maintenance-only mode and became a rolling release,
so I picked the latest commit from the master branch for it instead of git tags.

Minetest build system actually makes a pretty ugly assumption -
that all minetest mods are mods for MTG, while the game supports
mods for any minetest game (for example Voxelibre, Nodecore and such).
So testing all mods against MTG makes no sense, but it will addressed in
future commits.

Jan Wielkiewicz (1):
  gnu: minetest: update to 5.9.0.

 gnu/packages/games.scm         |  24 +---
 gnu/packages/minetest.scm      | 239 +++++++++++++++++----------------
 guix/build-system/minetest.scm |   4 +
 3 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 137 deletions(-)

base-commit: d5312370b46ace47e138d84e1bb28e5651cee94b
-- 
2.45.2