Subject: Re: [bug#72912] [PATCH 0/1] Update Minetest to 5.9.0 (again)
From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
To: Jan Wielkiewicz <[email-masked]>
Cc: Adam Faiz <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>,宋文武 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2024 21:57:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, Sep 09, 2024 at 11:37:30PM +0200, Jan Wielkiewicz wrote:
> Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, dem 06.09.2024 um 13:45 -0400 schrieb Leo Famulari:
> > > So, I'm wondering if minetest-game should depend on or even
> > > propagate minetest? Like, what is the correct method for a new user
> > > to install and run the Minetest game with Minetest 5.9.0?
> > I would guess it's `guix install minetest minetest-game', but note
> > that you could also have `guix install minetest minetest-mineclone`.
> > I would use the same pattern that we already use for Guile, Emacs,
> > etc. and just require that the base package be in the profile.

Sounds good to me.

> By this you mean I'd have to add minetest as a propagated input for
> each package that needs it to run? I could do that, but I believe this
> is out of the scope of the current work. I'll update minetest packages
> in a future PR and while doing so I'll add minetest to propagated
> inputs.

Okay, if you like. As Liliana pointed out, propagation may not be
expected in cases like this.

> Is there anything else I need to do in order to get this merged?

Pushed as ef428cf721861c01e21c96db61330a44e9a5ee28

Thanks again!