Subject: 31.0.50; Wrong indentation c++-ts-mode
From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2024 02:02:33 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi:

When using c++-ts-mode there is an indentation issue apparently related
with namespaces+templates.

c-ts-mode-indent-style 'linux (but with 'gnu also happens)

```
namespace A {

	T myfunction1(const char *fname)
	{
	}

	template <class T>
T myfunction2(const char *fname)
{
}

}
```

The myfunction2 may be indented as expected, but it is not.

The explorer shows:

```
(translation_unit
 (namespace_definition namespace name: (namespace_identifier)
  body: 
   (declaration_list {
    (function_definition type: (primitive_type)
     declarator: 
      (function_declarator declarator: (identifier)
       parameters: 
	(parameter_list (
	 (parameter_declaration
	  (type_qualifier const)
	  type: (primitive_type)
	  declarator: (pointer_declarator * declarator: (identifier)))
	 )))
     body: (compound_statement { }))
    (template_declaration template
     parameters: 
      (template_parameter_list <
       (type_parameter_declaration class (type_identifier))
       >)
     (function_definition type: (type_identifier)
      declarator: 
       (function_declarator declarator: (identifier)
	parameters: 
	 (parameter_list (
	  (parameter_declaration
	   (type_qualifier const)
	   type: (primitive_type)
	   declarator: (pointer_declarator * declarator: (identifier)))
	  )))
      body: (compound_statement { })))
    })))
```

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 15, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-07-21 built on RTX
Repository revision: cb0f25e4f966a53d52db5190d189ae85c7154d70
Repository branch: project
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-pgtk
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz
 --with-native-compilation=aot
 '--program-transform-name=s/^ctags$/ctags.emacs/''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C++//

Minor modes in effect:
  fancy-compilation-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  completion-preview-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-local-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  corfu-terminal-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  project-multi-mode: t
  gtags-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/cuda-mode/cuda-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/cuda-mode-20240716.1936/cuda-mode
/mnt/casa/gits/emacs_clones/gtags-mode/gtags-mode hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/gtags-mode-1.8/gtags-mode
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20240713.2102/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite shr-color color qp mail-extr textsec uni-scripts
idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual nntp
gnus-ml gnus-msg nndoc gnus-cache url-handlers gnus-dup gnus-art mm-uu
mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time
iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range
wid-edit misearch multi-isearch mule-util mm-archive gnutls
network-stream url-cache fancy-compilation compile comint ansi-osc
ansi-color comp-run comp-common crm debbugs-gnu add-log debbugs-compat
debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw nsm url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util warnings rng-xsd rng-dt rng-util
xsd-regexp xml emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils autorevert filenotify ffap
thingatpt url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core icons password-cache
json map url-vars elec-pair whitespace flyspell-correct flyspell ispell
completion-preview diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired citre-lang-fileref
citre-tags citre-ctags citre-readtags citre-readtags-tables
citre-backend-interface citre-common-tag rx citre-common-util dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode track-changes corfu-terminal popon corfu
project-multi-mode gtags-mode cl-macs subr-x files-x xref project
c++-ts-mode c-ts-mode c-ts-common treesit term/tmux term/xterm xterm
init repeat cape compat use-package-ensure use-package-diminish xt-mouse
xclip edmacro kmacro byte-opt gv use-package-bind-key bind-key cl-extra
help-mode simple-16-theme winner ring saveplace delsel savehist
easy-mmode display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers diminish
which-key cl-seq use-package-core cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile disp-table info 0blayout-autoloads ac-emoji-autoloads
ac-haskell-process-autoloads ac-html-autoloads
arduino-cli-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site
auto-complete-autoloads avy-zap-autoloads avy-autoloads
better-shell-autoloads caml-autoloads cape-autoloads citre-autoloads
clang-format-autoloads cobol-mode-autoloads compile-multi-autoloads
corfu-terminal-autoloads corfu-autoloads crdt-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads cuda-mode-autoloads d-mode-autoloads
deadgrep-autoloads debbugs-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
diminish-autoloads dired-sidebar-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads
dired-hacks-utils-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads e2ansi-autoloads
emamux-autoloads esup-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads
annalist-autoloads evil-leader-autoloads evil-autoloads
face-explorer-autoloads fancy-compilation-autoloads flx-autoloads
flycheck-julia-autoloads flycheck-rust-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
flymake-nasm-autoloads flymake-quickdef-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads git-modes-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads google-c-style-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
groovy-mode-autoloads gtags-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads i3wm-config-mode-autoloads
ibuffer-sidebar-autoloads iedit-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
julia-ts-mode-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads languagetool-autoloads
lice-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads magit-section-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
modern-cpp-font-lock-autoloads move-dup-autoloads
multiple-cursors-autoloads mutt-mode-autoloads nasm-mode-autoloads
neotree-autoloads nftables-mode-autoloads nginx-mode-autoloads
notmuch-autoloads objed-autoloads opencl-mode-autoloads
paradox-autoloads phi-search-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
pkgbuild-mode-autoloads platformio-mode-autoloads async-autoloads
popon-autoloads popup-autoloads projectile-autoloads
projection-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads protobuf-ts-mode-autoloads
ptemplate-templates-autoloads ptemplate-autoloads scopeline-autoloads
shell-command+-autoloads slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
sphinx-mode-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads
spinner-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads
sudo-edit-autoloads systemd-autoloads tmux-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads tsc-autoloads urgrep-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads vterm-toggle-autoloads vterm-autoloads
vundo-autoloads with-editor-autoloads xclip-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads early-init rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 565759 70059) (symbols 48 23739 21)
 (strings 32 123309 12843) (string-bytes 1 3961754) (vectors 16 67839)
 (vector-slots 8 774089 73975) (floats 8 1463 706)
 (intervals 56 9768 1998) (buffers 992 25))