Subject: 31.0.50; [PATCH] Fix balance-windows doc
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Jul 2024 14:16:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

uuHHi,

It seems that `balance-windows' banlances window's width too.

From 233bbfeae10e32b1163cd33810391850a3832703 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2024 11:41:30 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Fix `balance-windows' doc

* doc/emacs/windows.texi (Change Window): `balance-windows'
balances window's width too.
---
 doc/emacs/windows.texi | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/windows.texi b/doc/emacs/windows.texi
index 5ad6850fed9..abff9497cd6 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/windows.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/windows.texi
@@ -300,7 +300,7 @@ Change Window
 Shrink this window if its buffer doesn't need so many lines
 (@code{shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer}).
 @item C-x +
-Make all windows the same height (@code{balance-windows}).
+Make all windows the same height and width (@code{balance-windows}).
 @end table
 
 @kindex C-x 0
@@ -374,7 +374,7 @@ Change Window
 @kindex C-x +
 @findex balance-windows
   You can also use @kbd{C-x +} (@code{balance-windows}) to even out the
-heights of all the windows in the selected frame.
+heights and widths of all the windows in the selected frame.
 
 @node Displaying Buffers
 @section Displaying a Buffer in a Window
-- 
2.45.2

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-openbsd7.5) of 2024-07-03
 built on computer
Repository revision: 233bbfeae10e32b1163cd33810391850a3832703
Repository branch: mgi/typo
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101013
System Description: OpenBSD computer 7.5 GENERIC.MP#156 amd64

Configured using:
 'configure CC=egcc CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib MAKEINFO=gmakeinfo --prefix=/home/manuel/emacs
 --bindir=/home/manuel/bin --with-x-toolkit=no --without-cairo
 --without-compress-install'

Configured features:
DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE OLDXMENU PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XFT XIM XINPUT2 XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/manuel/.emacs.d/elpa/ef-themes-1.7.0/theme-loaddefs hides /home/manuel/emacs/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/theme-loaddefs

Features:
(pulse shortdoc comp-common help-fns radix-tree gnus-cite gnus-topic
mm-archive url-cache utf-7 imap rfc2104 nndoc nndraft nnmh
network-stream nnfolder nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual nntp gnus-cache nnrss descr-text shadow sort mail-extr
emacsbug org-duration org-agenda mule-util org-indent vc-hg on-screen
oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id org-element-ast inline avl-tree
ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus
nnselect ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi gnus-icalendar
org-capture org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs paredit hi-lock flymake warnings python sh-script
smie treesit executable view conf-mode vc-dir ewoc vc vc-git diff-mode
track-changes vc-dispatcher bug-reference texinfo texinfo-loaddefs
make-mode vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view pcvs-util gnus-dired time battery
cus-load desktop frameset exwm-randr xcb-randr exwm-config ido exwm
exwm-input xcb-keysyms xcb-xkb exwm-manage exwm-floating xcb-cursor
xcb-render exwm-layout exwm-workspace exwm-core xcb-ewmh xcb-icccm xcb
xcb-xproto xcb-types xcb-debug server ef-kassio-theme ef-themes
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes zone speed-type url-http url-auth
url-gw nsm ytdious mpdired transmission color calc-bin calc-ext calc
calc-loaddefs rect calc-macs supercite regi ebdb-gnus gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill
kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win ebdb-message message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader
ebdb-mua ebdb-com crm ebdb-format ebdb mailabbrev eieio-opt speedbar
ezimage dframe find-func eieio-base timezone icalendar gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit web-mode derived
disp-table erlang-start skeleton cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs slime-asdf grep
slime-tramp tramp rx trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message
tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 time-date
format-spec tramp-loaddefs slime-fancy slime-indentation slime-cl-indent
cl-indent slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree advice slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep compat
slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl slime-parse slime apropos compile text-property-search etags
fileloop generator xref project arc-mode archive-mode noutline outline
pp comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring hyperspec thingatpt edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs pcase dired-x dired-aux dired dired-loaddefs
use-package-core repeat easy-mmode calfw-autoloads calfw-cal-autoloads
calfw-org-autoloads debbugs-autoloads ebdb-autoloads cl-extra help-mode
ef-themes-autoloads exwm-autoloads hyperbole-autoloads kotl-autoloads
hact set hhist on-screen-autoloads osm-autoloads paredit-autoloads
rust-mode-autoloads info slime-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
speed-type-autoloads transmission-autoloads xelb-autoloads
ytdious-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt
gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind kqueue lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 962445 579876) (symbols 48 67608 17)
 (strings 32 319376 7798) (string-bytes 1 9778462) (vectors 16 155754)
 (vector-slots 8 2220854 64149) (floats 8 680 504)
 (intervals 56 30476 471) (buffers 992 221))

-- 
Manuel Giraud