Subject: Re: bug#71886: Diffoscope test suite fails with openssh 9.8p1
From: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Richard Sent <[email-masked]>, Kaelyn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2024 12:28:53 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2024-07-05, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:
> On 2024-07-05, Kaelyn wrote:
>> I've encountered the diffoscope failure as well, and looked at their
>> repo to see how new version 271 was and what activity has happened
>> since. It looks like they may have already fixed the test failures,
>> pending a new release:
>> https://salsa.debian.org/reproducible-builds/diffoscope/-/commit/0743d63f85f298131e78045ec6d73acdc50b97eb
>
> And 272 is tagged with hopefully minor other changes ... working on a
> patch now!

Pushed as e725e47a695c82305fa65e63e54477c6a210f53d.

The upstream changes were very minor, essentially only fixing this one
issue triggering build failure and a few debian-specific changes, so
hopefully it was ok to just go ahead and push it.

Thanks for reporting the issue and pointing out the fix was in progress!

live well,
  vagrant