Subject: 31.0.50; face-remap does not work with cursor
From: Aaron Jensen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 22:12:58 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Neither face-remap-set-base, nor face-remap-add-relative appear to work
with the cursor face.

(face-remap-set-base 'cursor :background "red")
(face-remap-add-relative 'default :background "red")

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin23.5.0, NS
 appkit-2487.60 Version 14.5 (Build 23F79)) of 2024-06-25 built on
 Aarons-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description:  macOS 14.5

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
 --enable-locallisppath=/opt/homebrew/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --infodir=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/info/emacs
 --prefix=/opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50 --with-xml2
 --with-gnutls --with-native-compilation --without-compress-install
 --without-dbus --without-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg
 --with-webp --with-ns --disable-ns-self-contained 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -mmacosx-version-min=14
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -DFD_SETSIZE=10000 -DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include'
 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/include -I/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/include
 -isystem/opt/homebrew/include -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/jpeg/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/icu4c/lib -L/opt/homebrew/opt/sqlite/lib
 -L/opt/homebrew/opt/readline/lib -L/opt/homebrew/lib
 -F/opt/homebrew/Frameworks -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX14.sdk
 -L/opt/homebrew/lib/gcc/14 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/gcc/include
 -I/opt/homebrew/opt/libgccjit/include''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit Log

Minor modes in effect:
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  magit-delta-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  transient-posframe-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  ns-auto-titlebar-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  which-key-posframe-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  corfu-prescient-mode: t
  corfu-history-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  eros-mode: t
  speed-of-thought-mode: t
  global-evil-surround-mode: t
  evil-surround-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  tabspaces-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  vertico-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  mini-frame-mode: t
  better-jumper-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  modern-tab-bar-mode: t
  +popup-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  leader-key-leader-override-mode: t
  global-leader-key-leader-override-mode: t
  elpaca-use-package-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/lispy/elpa hides /Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/ivy/elpa
/Users/aaronjensen/.emacs.d/elpaca/builds/which-key/which-key hides /opt/homebrew/Cellar/emacs-plus@30/30.0.50/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/which-key

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug swiper ivy ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir
evil-terminal-cursor-changer evil-collection-custom tramp-cmds
treemacs-magit treemacs-evil treemacs-tab-bar all-the-icons
all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons data-octicons
data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons treemacs
treemacs-header-line treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags treemacs-interface treemacs-persistence
treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering
treemacs-annotations treemacs-async treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom
treemacs-visuals treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils
pfuture hl-line ht treemacs-logging treemacs-customization
treemacs-macros windmove goto-addr vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn
vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view bug-reference magit-delta xterm-color
evil-collection-magit magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit package url-handlers
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func magit-diff
smerge-mode diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor
magit-mode transient-posframe transient magit-git magit-base
magit-section crm evil-collection-helpful helpful cc-langs cc-vars
cc-defs trace cl-print info-look info elisp-refs flycheck xt-mouse
autorevert ns-auto-titlebar evil-anzu anzu vertico-directory
cursor-sensor org-goto tab-line hide-mode-line evil-collection-vterm
vterm bookmark tramp trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-message
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs compile color term ehelp vterm-module
term/xterm xterm popup-mode-core popup-mode-hacks which-key-posframe
posframe evil-collection-which-key which-key cape corfu-prescient
corfu-history evil-collection-corfu corfu dtrt-indent eval-sexp-fu eros
lispyville lispy lispy-inline avy etags fileloop evil-collection-edebug
edebug help-fns radix-tree lispy-tags mode-local zoutline elisp-def ert
ewoc evil-collection-debug debug backtrace evil-collection-xref xref f s
dash sotlisp skeleton elec-pair envrc inheritenv evil-surround
evil-matchit-evil-setup vc-git diff-mode track-changes flyspell ispell
org-indent org-appear orgonomic org-superstar form-feed oc-basic ol-eww
eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr
pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start
gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail browse-url mail-source utf7
nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail
yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range ol-docview
doc-view filenotify jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601
ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-download org-attach url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw nsm puny async evil-org-agenda evil-org ob-shell shell
imenu ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util
rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex
ox-icalendar org-agenda ox-ascii ox-gfm ox-md ox-html table ox-publish
ox org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline
avl-tree generator org-tempo tempo org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable
ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec gcmh
undo-fu-session ws-butler saveplace winner tabspaces dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs vc vc-dispatcher savehist delsel yasnippet
vertico-prescient prescient char-fold vertico-mouse vertico mini-frame
better-jumper recentf tree-widget repeat project orderless
modern-tab-bar popup-mode popup-mode-settings evil-collection-elpaca
evil-collection annalist evil-little-word cus-edit cus-start cus-load
wid-edit pp evil evil-integration evil-maps evil-commands evil-digraphs
reveal evil-jumps evil-command-window evil-types evil-search evil-ex
evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core advice evil-common
thingatpt rect evil-vars memoize nano-modeline nano-theme face-remap
nano-theme-support disp-table gcmh-autoloads copy-as-format-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads restclient-autoloads
vterm-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads popup-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads
emmet-mode-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads grip-mode-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads
bundler-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads ruby-refactor-autoloads
evil-ruby-text-objects-autoloads sotlisp-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads
lispyville-autoloads lispy-autoloads iedit-autoloads swiper-autoloads
ivy-autoloads zoutline-autoloads eros-autoloads eval-sexp-fu-autoloads
web-mode-autoloads ripgrep-capf-autoloads git-link-autoloads
consult-git-commit-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads
magit-delta-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads prettier-autoloads
iter2-autoloads nvm-autoloads flycheck-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
consult-notes-autoloads denote-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
org-superstar-autoloads ox-gfm-autoloads org-pandoc-import-autoloads
gnuplot-autoloads org-download-autoloads async-autoloads
org-journal-autoloads orgonomic-autoloads org-drill-autoloads
persist-autoloads org-appear-autoloads org-mac-link-autoloads
evil-org-autoloads evil-terminal-cursor-changer-autoloads
transient-posframe-autoloads better-jumper-autoloads
buffer-move-autoloads rotate-autoloads mini-frame-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads embark-autoloads consult-autoloads
orderless-autoloads cape-autoloads corfu-prescient-autoloads
corfu-autoloads vertico-prescient-autoloads vertico-autoloads
prescient-autoloads tabspaces-autoloads modern-tab-bar-autoloads
which-key-posframe-autoloads which-key-autoloads popup-mode-autoloads
hide-mode-line-autoloads evil-anzu-autoloads anzu-autoloads
titlecase-autoloads wgrep-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
form-feed-autoloads drag-stuff-autoloads dtrt-indent-autoloads
ws-butler-autoloads evil-collection-autoloads annalist-autoloads
evil-mc-autoloads evil-numbers-autoloads speeddating-autoloads
evil-little-word-autoloads evil-matchit-autoloads
evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads evil-visualstar-autoloads
evil-surround-autoloads vundo-autoloads undo-fu-session-autoloads
ztree-autoloads dwim-shell-command-autoloads treemacs-tab-bar-autoloads
treemacs-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads with-editor-autoloads treemacs-evil-autoloads
evil-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads pfuture-autoloads ht-autoloads
cfrs-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ns-auto-titlebar-autoloads nano-modeline-autoloads
nano-theme-autoloads memoize-autoloads envrc-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads helpful-autoloads f-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
s-autoloads dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dash-autoloads server pcase hydra ring lv edmacro kmacro compdef derived
compdef-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads leader-key bind-map
leader-key-autoloads bind-map-autoloads no-littering compat
no-littering-autoloads elpaca-use-package use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core elpaca-use-package-autoloads elpaca-log
elpaca-ui url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse auth-source
eieio eieio-core password-cache json map byte-opt url-vars mailcap
comp-run cl-macs elpaca elpaca-process elpaca-autoloads comp cl-seq
comp-cstr comp-common warnings subr-x rx gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-extra help-mode icons cl-loaddefs cl-lib display-line-numbers rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1421623 2049594) (symbols 48 62763 153) (strings 32 367283 95392)
 (string-bytes 1 9464544) (vectors 16 106765) (vector-slots 8 2084266 570733)
 (floats 8 1854 6387) (intervals 56 28855 5215) (buffers 992 33))