Subject: 30.0.50; kill-this-buffer must be bound to an event with parameters
From: Mattias <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2024 11:06:36 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

kill-this-buffer is not working as before anymore.

Old behaviour:

e -Q
C-x 3
M-x kill-this-buffer

would kill the current buffer and display only one frame

e -Q
C-x 3
M-x kill-this-buffer

Will raise an error:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "kill-this-buffer must be bound to 
an event with parameters")
command-execute(kill-this-buffer record)
execute-extended-command(nil "kill-this-buffer" "kill-th")
funcall-interactively(execute-extended-command nil "kill-this-buffer" 
"kill-th")
command-execute(execute-extended-command)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-06-06 built on mattias-dell
Repository revision: a48f062e36be3ce5890a8a789272f31f074fea40
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --with-native-compilation --with-modules --with-harfbuzz
--without-compress-install --with-threads --with-included-regex
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-zlib --with-jpeg --with-png
--with-imagemagick --with-tiff --with-xpm --with-gnutls --with-xft
--with-xml2 --with-mailutils --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK
JPEG LCMS2 LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_COLLATE: C
value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_MESSAGES: C
value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: ELisp/l

Memory information:
((conses 16 1540841 543034) (symbols 48 95597 5) (strings 32 500736 45391)
(string-bytes 1 12435212) (vectors 16 123738) (vector-slots 8 1471921 
261655)
(floats 8 2662 9349) (intervals 56 44616 14613) (buffers 992 58))