Subject: Re: bug#70660: The notification icon on Android is incorrect
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: 陈宇迪 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2024 21:52:37 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

陈宇迪 <[email-masked]> writes:

> I'm trying the Android port and I find that the icon for the notification
> (the one that says "This notification is displayed to keep Emacs
> running while it is in the...")
> is incorrect. I think it should be the Emacs logo, just like the icon
> in the app launcher.
> But in fact it is a robot, which seems to be the default icon.

Yes, that's how it's supposed to be, as the Emacs icon has yet to be
converted into the format notifications require, and this notification
is meant not to be seen but to be disabled at the earliest opportunity.

> By the way, on my another Android device (using One UI 5.1, Android 13),
> no notification is shown when Emacs is running.

On Android 13 and later, notifications (this included) are not displayed
unless notification permissions are granted by user action.  This nowise
impacts Emacs's capacity to execute in the background, and can only be a
net positive, I think, when it's anticipated that users will hide this
eyesore of a notification as their first action upon starting a fresh
installation of Emacs.

Closing as not a bug.