Subject: GNOME 44: Settings application crashes if Multitasking tab is opened
From: Abhiseck Paira <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2024 13:24:06 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I have just upgraded my Guix System to GNOME 44, here's the guix
describe: 

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---

$ guix describe
Generation 82	Mar 31 2024 10:01:38	(current)
  guix f5558ee
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: f5558ee0cc1a11a8b61d3f4d43f05dd79d53ac77
  stfh-packages df2c76b
    repository URL: https://codeberg.org/Red_Starfish/stfh-guix-channel.git
    branch: master
    commit: df2c76b3567b9c2e3c9ab9314a5d295257e0be87
  flat b62ba32
    repository URL: https://github.com/flatwhatson/guix-channel.git
    branch: master
    commit: b62ba3214ed0f781e2d6015044ae8a4a1bd5c7d7

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Now, when I open Settings application and then open the "multitasking"
tab or "Keyboard & Touchpad" tab, the settings application crashes.
Next, if I try to open it again, try to change the background image,
or anything that ultimately opens settings application again, it
wouldn't open anymore.

The only way I could open the settings app again is to go back to the
previous generation (which has GNOME 42) using the grub menu, start
the settings app (this time it will open), select some other tab like
"About" and reboot again to latest generation running GNOME 44.

-- 
Abhiseck Paira (https://paira.in)
"Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign."