Subject: [PATCH 0/6] gnu: Update to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10, and Zuo 1.9.
From: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Philip McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 01:15:28 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

This patch series updates packages to Racket 8.12, Chez Scheme 10.0.0,
and Zuo 1.9.

As announced in <https://groups.google.com/g/chez-scheme/c/D7g6mIcYLNU>,
all of the changes from Racket's branch have been merged into upstream
Chez Scheme, forming the basis for the 10.0.0 release.

Since Chez Scheme 10.0.0 also uses Zuo for build scripting, Zuo will now be
getting tagged releases in its own Git repository, independent of the Racket
release cycle.

These exciting developments mean that this series has a larger diff than a
typical Racket update, as I've tried to remove much of the complexity from
packagine two diverging forks of Chez Scheme. In particular, the last commit
in the series bootstraps Chez Scheme 10.0.0 from source.

 -Philip

Philip McGrath (6):
  gnu: zuo: Update to 1.9.
  gnu: racket: Update to 8.12.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Reorganize package definitions.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update to 10.0.0.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Update and simplify machine-type handling.
  gnu: chez-scheme: Bootstrap from source.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |    9 +-
 gnu/packages/chez.scm                         | 1019 ++++++++---------
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |    2 +-
 .../chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch      |  463 ++++++++
 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch |   37 +-
 .../racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch   |   36 -
 .../racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch |  423 +++++++
 .../patches/racket-chez-scheme-bin-sh.patch   |   21 +-
 .../patches/racket-rktio-bin-sh.patch         |   17 +-
 ...cket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} |   33 +-
 gnu/packages/racket.scm                       |  143 +--
 11 files changed, 1522 insertions(+), 681 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/chez-scheme-backport-configure.patch
 delete mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.11-layered-docs.patch
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/racket-backport-8.12-chez-configure.patch
 rename gnu/packages/patches/{racket-zuo-bin-sh.patch => zuo-bin-sh.patch} (72%)

base-commit: 0e8f7ee3a95011dd9ebdc99e0f3b754160524b5d
-- 
2.41.0