Subject: 24.0.50; flyspell broken in emacs24
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 17:18:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi all,

flyspell-mode fail when i set 

,----
| (setq-default ispell-program-name "aspell")
| (setq ispell-local-dictionary "francais")
`----

,----
| Enabling Flyspell mode gave an error
`----

It work fine when i use it in emacs -Q with no setting but fail if i
want to switch to english (en).

It work fine also in emacs-23.2 with same setting.

I think the bug is located somewhere in ispell.

In emacs -Q:

M-x flyspell-mode
==> Ok i have flyspell with french language.

M-x ispell-change-dictionary

,----
| Debug on Error enabled globally
| Starting new Ispell process [default] ...
| Ispell process killed
| Local Ispell dictionary set to en
| Starting new Ispell process [en] ...
| Error in post-command-hook: (void-variable args)
`----

,----
| Debugger entered--entering a function:
| * ispell-change-dictionary("en" nil)
|   call-interactively(ispell-change-dictionary t nil)
|   execute-extended-command(nil)
|   call-interactively(execute-extended-command nil nil)
`----

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-09-06 on tux
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--build=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--program-suffix=-emacs-24' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib' '--without-compress-info' '--with-sound' '--with-x' '--without-gconf' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff' '--with-xpm' '--with-imagemagick' '--with-xft' '--without-libotf' '--without-m17n-flt' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--without-hesiod' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--with-gpm' '--with-dbus' 'build_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=i686-pc-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-march=i686 -pipe -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
o r : <return> <return> <f2> f C-h e M-> <up> <up> 
C-SPC C-e M-w C-x b <return> C-y <return> <return> 
T h i s SPC i s SPC r e c e n t SPC i SPC t h i n k 
, SPC t h i s SPC e r r o r SPC a p p e a r SPC w i 
t h SPC t h i s SPC s e t t i n g : <return> <return> 
C-y M-y <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-SPC C-e <f7> 
q r <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-a C-SPC 
C-n C-n <f7> q r <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> 
W o r k SPC f i n e SPC i n SPC e m a c s - 2 3 . 2 
SPC w i t h SPC s a m e SPC s e t t i n g <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-x C-o <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> 
C-e . <return> <return> W o r k SPC f i n e SPC i n 
SPC e m a c s SPC - Q SPC w i t h SPC n o SPC s e t 
t i n g C-c C-k y <down> <down> C-SPC C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-g <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> C-S-n 
C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n C-S-n 
C-S-n C-S-n C-g M-x r e p o r t - <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set [6 times]
Auto-saving...done
Auto-saving...done
Message modified; kill anyway? (y or n) 
Mark set
Quit
Mark set
Collecting symbols...done
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/home/thierry/elisp/AC/auto-complete hides /home/thierry/elisp/auto-complete
/home/thierry/elisp/subversion/psvn hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/subversion/psvn
~/elisp/g-client/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hex-util hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/hex-util
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sha1 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/sha1
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/md4 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/md4
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/ntlm
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-def hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-def
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-digest hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-digest
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/hmac-md5 hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/hmac-md5
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-cram hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-cram
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/flim/sasl-ntlm hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/net/sasl-ntlm
/home/thierry/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/share/emacs/24.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(flyspell ispell shadow epa-mail gnus-fun emacsbug gnus-cite smiley
mail-extr gnus-ml sb-emacswiki sb-rss nnrss nnfolder nnml nndraft nnmh
netrc gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-cache
gnus-demon gnus-namazu gnus-dired nnshimbun shimbun luna eword-encode
eword-decode std11 mel path-util mime-def mcharset mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces
pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe gnus-bcklg spam spam-stat bbdb-com
bbdb gnus-uu yenc gnus-msg gnus-alias w3m-form w3m-cookie w3m-tabmenu
w3m-session xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate dvc-annotate xgit-log
dvc-bookmarks xhg-dvc xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log vc-rcs align-let
server finder-inf package google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json simple-call-tree
el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit eieio-base eieio zop-to-char
elscreen-server elscreen-dired elscreen-w3m mule-util alist pym static
apel-ver product elscreen undo-tree smallurl mm-url xml-weather
rectangle-utils auto-document eiv tv-utils eldoc pcvs pcvs-parse
pcvs-info pcvs-defs init-anything-thierry descbinds-anything
anything-ipython shell-history anything-complete
anything-show-completion anything-etags anything-match-plugin etags
anything-traverse anything-delicious anything-mercurial
addressbook-bookmark bzr-core cg-core xdarcs-core xgit-core xhg-core
xmtn-minimal tla smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff dvc-fileinfo
diff dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version dvc-revlist uniquify
anything-config w3m-bookmark rx anything firefox-protocol
bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions bookmark install-elisp
find-func mb-depth autodoc ioccur traverselisp thumb-page moz cl-info
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
apropos hideshow hyperspec thingatpt slime-autoloads boxquote rect
image-file tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp tramp-compat trampver newsticker
newst-treeview newst-plainview newst-reader newst-ticker newst-backend
ledger pcomplete esh-arg esh-util lpr woman man assoc two-column
shell-command em-term term ehelp electric esh-toggle em-xtra flymake
pdbtrack pycomplete pymacs ipython python-mode info-look ansi-color
executable shell no-word regex-tool whitespace htmlfontify paren time
dired-tar compile dired-extension image-dired dired-details yaoddmuse
skeleton sgml-mode emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume
emms-volume-amixer emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client xml parse-time
emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort emms-playlist-sort
emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq emms-playing-time
emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark emms-mode-line
emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info emms-playlist-mode
emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info emms-streams later-do
emms-source-playlist emms-source-file emms-player-simple emms-setup emms
emms-compat winner dvc-init bzr-gnus tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view smime password-cache dig dvc-gnus
tla-core pp tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher dvc-unified
dvc-tips dired-x dired-aux ffap ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind
ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads dvc-core
dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc
dvc-defs dvc-site psvn log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode htmlize-hack
htmlize muse-colors muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo
muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start
cus-load muse-publish muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse
muse-nested-tags muse-mode muse-autoloads org-config-thierry org-crypt
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs vc-hg org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew
org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks
org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util url-parse
url-vars mailcap org-capture org-mks remember org-remember org-datetree
org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile ob-emacs-lisp ob-keys
ob-comint comint ring ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob org-footnote
org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline
outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs config-w3m w3m browse-url
doc-view jka-compr image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems w3m-ccl
ccl w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util mime-w3m w3m-load recentf
tree-widget savehist epa-file epa derived epg epg-config auth-source
dired gnus-async nntp gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group time-date gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source format-spec gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range
message sendmail regexp-opt rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util
mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit info easymenu usage-memo desktop
punycode idna basic-theme edmacro kmacro eev-thierry iterator eev-all
eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs eev-compose eev-glyphs
disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev easy-mmode advice
help-fns advice-preload cl cl-19 site-gentoo w3m-wget preview-latex
tex-site auto-loads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Thierry Volpiatto
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997