Subject: configure tries to find libgccjit when --with-native-compilation=no
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2024 11:47:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I compile Emacs for macOS, I disable native-compilation for good:

./configure PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig \
            LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include” \
            CC=clang OBJC=clang CFLAGS="-g -O3”
            --with-ns --with-modules --with-jansson \
            --with-native-compilation=no

I keep getting all these messages about GCCJIT:

checking for gcc_jit_context_acquire in -lgccjit… no
configure: WARNING: Elisp native compiler can't be enabled as libgccjit was not
found.
Please try installing libgccjit or a similar package if you want to have it
enabled.
checking for libgccjit.h… no
configure: WARNING: Elisp native compiler can't be enabled as libgccjit header files
were not found.
Please try installing libgccjit-dev or a similar package if you want to have it
enabled

I really DO NOT want notice compilation here…and I know that I’m doing.