Subject: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:19:09 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

After commit e5348f125ff03ac70713e5b227f9e51f759a587b on
2020-12-14, there is no ExecStop in etc/emacs.service.

So there is no need to use sed to substitute emacsclient for the
ExecStop key.

I propose a patch to remove this unneeded sed command.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
version 1.18.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101010
System Description: NixOS 24.05 (Uakari)

Configured using:
 'configure
 --prefix=/nix/store/mzdvpxzkhlryxmbxwbih7bgvkzkw1ly7-emacs-29.1
 --disable-build-details --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=lucid
 --with-xft --with-cairo --with-compress-install
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-native-compilation
 --without-imagemagick --without-small-ja-dic --with-tree-sitter
 --with-xinput2 --without-xwidgets'

From 665c80556750d15ad6ce988078a38c0964bacbf6 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Lin Jian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2024 06:12:43 +0800
Subject: [PATCH] Remove an unneeded sed command for emacs.service

After commit e5348f125ff03ac70713e5b227f9e51f759a587b on
2020-12-14, there is no ExecStop in etc/emacs.service.
* Makefile.in (install-etc): Remove an unneeded sed command for
etc/emacs.service.

Copyright-paperwork-exempt: yes
---
 Makefile.in | 2 --
 1 file changed, 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Makefile.in b/Makefile.in
index 996f7b8d8c7..57df948a397 100644
--- a/Makefile.in
+++ b/Makefile.in
@@ -873,11 +873,9 @@ install-etc:
 	rm -f $${tmp}
 	umask 022; $(MKDIR_P) "$(DESTDIR)$(systemdunitdir)"
 	tmp=etc/emacs.tmpservice; rm -f $${tmp}; \
-	client_name=`echo emacsclient | sed '$(TRANSFORM)'`${EXEEXT}; \
 	sed -e '/^##/d' \
 	  -e "/^Documentation/ s/emacs(1)/${EMACS_NAME}(1)/" \
 	  -e "/^ExecStart/ s|emacs|${bindir}/${EMACS}|" \
-	  -e "/^ExecStop/ s|emacsclient|${bindir}/$${client_name}|" \
 	  ${srcdir}/etc/emacs.service > $${tmp}; \
 	$(INSTALL_DATA) $${tmp} "$(DESTDIR)$(systemdunitdir)/${EMACS_NAME}.service"; \
 	rm -f $${tmp}
-- 
2.42.0