Subject: Re: bug#68453: [PATCH] doc: Improve VNC Services section.
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 2025 10:55:31 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

Rostislav Svoboda <[email-masked]> writes:

> * doc/guix.texi (VNC Services): Don't change the value of
> `display-number`.

Do you mean 5905 is supposed to be the default value?  It's not (the
default display number is 0), or at least that's the convention to have
the VNC server listen on the usual 5900 port.

> Refine and improve the `xclock` and `vncviewer` invocation
> examples.

I've looked at the modified examples, but I think your proposed changes
make things look more complicated, which is beside the point of
providing easy to read/trivial examples.

I'll now close this issue.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim