Subject: 29.1; Multisession Variables documentation mistake
From: Adam Porter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 05:08:13 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I noticed that the manual section on Multisession Variables seems to
have a minor mistake in that one of the symbol names in the example code
seems to be wrong.  Please see the attached patch.

Thanks,
Adam

diff --git a/doc/lispref/variables.texi b/doc/lispref/variables.texi
index 5de5ac6efa7..b4c6d8ac5c3 100644
--- a/doc/lispref/variables.texi
+++ b/doc/lispref/variables.texi
@@ -2971,7 +2971,7 @@ Multisession Variables
 
 @lisp
 @group
-(define-multisession-variable foo-var 0)
+(define-multisession-variable foo 0)
 (defun my-adder (num)
   (interactive "nAdd number: ")
   (setf (multisession-value foo)
@@ -2981,7 +2981,7 @@ Multisession Variables
 @end lisp
 
 @noindent
-This defines the variable @code{foo-var} and binds it to a special
+This defines the variable @code{foo} and binds it to a special
 multisession object which is initialized with the value @samp{0} (if
 the variable doesn't already exist from a previous session).  The
 @code{my-adder} command queries the user for a number, adds this to
@@ -3004,7 +3004,7 @@ Multisession Variables
 @var{package-symbol} isn't given, this will default to the first
 ``segment'' of the @var{name} symbol's name, which is the part of its
 name up to and excluding the first @samp{-}.  For instance, if
-@var{name} is @code{foo-var} and @var{package-symbol} isn't given,
+@var{name} is @code{foo} and @var{package-symbol} isn't given,
 @var{package-symbol} will default to @code{foo}.
 
 @cindex synchronized multisession variables
@@ -3012,7 +3012,7 @@ Multisession Variables
 Multisession variables can be @dfn{synchronized} if @var{bool} is
 non-@code{nil}.  This means that if there're two concurrent Emacs
 instances running, and the other Emacs changes the multisession
-variable @code{foo-var}, the current Emacs instance will retrieve that
+variable @code{foo}, the current Emacs instance will retrieve that
 modified data when accessing the value.  If @var{synchronized} is
 @code{nil} or missing, this won't happen, and the values in all
 Emacs sessions using the variable will be independent of each other.