Subject: 24.0.50; ld: duplicate symbol _Qwindow in data.o and buffer.o
From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 00:06:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello!

When trying to build the NS variant with GCC 4.2 I get:

gcc-4.2  -prebind -framework AppKit -Xlinker -headerpad -Xlinker 6C8   \
	  -o temacs pre-crt0.o dispnew.o frame.o scroll.o xdisp.o menu.o   
window.o charset.o coding.o category.o ccl.o character.o chartab.o  
bidi.o cm.o term.o terminal.o xfaces.o    emacs.o keyboard.o macros.o  
keymap.o sysdep.o buffer.o filelock.o insdel.o marker.o minibuf.o  
fileio.o dired.o filemode.o cmds.o casetab.o casefiddle.o indent.o  
search.o regex.o undo.o alloc.o data.o doc.o editfns.o callint.o  
eval.o floatfns.o fns.o font.o print.o lread.o syntax.o unexmacosx.o  
bytecode.o process.o callproc.o region-cache.o sound.o atimer.o  
doprnt.o strftime.o intervals.o textprop.o composite.o md5.o    
nsterm.o nsfns.o nsmenu.o nsselect.o nsimage.o nsfont.o fontset.o  
fringe.o image.o   terminfo.o lastfile.o               -lresolv  - 
lncurses
ld: duplicate symbol _Qwindow in data.o and buffer.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [temacs] Error 1
make[1]: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
make: *** [src] Error 2
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

src/data.c:85:Lisp_Object Qwindow;
src/data.c:212:	return Qwindow;
src/data.c:3188:  Qwindow = intern_c_string ("window");
src/data.c:3213:  staticpro (&Qwindow);
src/buffer.c:165:Lisp_Object Qpriority, Qwindow, Qevaporate,  
Qbefore_string, Qafter_string;
src/buffer.c:3015:	      window = Foverlay_get (overlay, Qwindow);
src/buffer.c:3159:      window = Foverlay_get (overlay, Qwindow);
src/buffer.c:3187:      window = Foverlay_get (overlay, Qwindow);
src/buffer.c:5348:  Qwindow = intern_c_string ("window");
src/buffer.c:5349:  staticpro (&Qwindow);

Mac OS X 10.5.8, PPC

--
Greetings

   Pete

Ce qui été compris n'existe plus.
				(Paul Eluard)