Subject: build of /gnu/store/xnwy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv failed
From: francismb <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 20:29:12 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Maintainers,
On: guix describe
Generation 64	Nov 26 2023 15:12:35	(current)
   guix 176440c
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 176440c056fdde6da98b11720989b1ed060ec97c

An upgrade failed with message:

guix upgrade "gnu*"
The following packages will be upgraded:
    gnuplot  (dependencies or package changed)
    gnuradio (dependencies or package changed)

The following derivations will be built:
   /gnu/store/mv1rxv9l18b0dqdlxwbcgp84sbnhqkgd-gnuradio-3.10.3.0.drv
   /gnu/store/a2wb5l5nl2sh5071zfwz01c268vin9d8-python-scipy-1.10.1.drv
   /gnu/store/xnwy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv
   /gnu/store/y3jqbsjl7azac5g231qyb2lmfhjbd8hw-python-pyqtgraph-0.13.1.drv

building
/gnu/store/xnwy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv...
100% 'check' ▕... builder for
`/gnu/store/xnwy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv'
failed with exit code 1
build of
/gnu/store/xnwy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv
failed
View build log at
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xn/wy976yzkvxh2virzf2yrhr28c04075-python-matplotlib-3.5.2.drv.bz2'.
cannot build derivation
`/gnu/store/mv1rxv9l18b0dqdlxwbcgp84sbnhqkgd-gnuradio-3.10.3.0.drv': 1
dependencies couldn't be built
guix upgrade: error: build of
`/gnu/store/mv1rxv9l18b0dqdlxwbcgp84sbnhqkgd-gnuradio-3.10.3.0.drv' failed

The error seems to be on (see attachment):
[...]
=================================== FAILURES
===================================
_________________________ test_warn_big_data_best_loc
__________________________
[gw2] linux -- Python 3.10.7
/gnu/store/l6fpy0i9hlll9b6k8vy2i2a4cshwz3cv-python-wrapper-3.10.7/bin/python

     def test_warn_big_data_best_loc():
         fig, ax = plt.subplots()
         fig.canvas.draw()  # So that we can call draw_artist later.
         for idx in range(1000):
             ax.plot(np.arange(5000), label=idx)
         with rc_context({'legend.loc': 'best'}):
             legend = ax.legend()
         with pytest.warns(UserWarning) as records:
             fig.draw_artist(legend)  # Don't bother drawing the lines
-- it's slow.
         # The _find_best_position method of Legend is called twice,
duplicating
         # the warning message.
 >       assert len(records) == 2
E       assert 1 == 2
E        +  where 1 = len(WarningsChecker(record=True))

/gnu/store/1jv6qvrxwmh8mf6ykgs5aqrqn859b841-python-matplotlib-3.5.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_legend.py:792:
AssertionError
=========================== short test summary info
============================
FAILED tests/test_legend.py::test_warn_big_data_best_loc - assert 1 == 2
=========== 1 failed, 4977 passed, 2316 skipped, 9 xfailed in 29.09s
===========
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "pytest" arguments: ("-n" "16" "-m"
"not network" "--pyargs" "matplotlib" "-k" "not
test_lazy_auto_backend_selection and not test_getattr") exit-status: 1
term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 29.3 seconds
command "pytest" "-n" "16" "-m" "not network" "--pyargs" "matplotlib"
"-k" "not test_lazy_auto_backend_selection and not test_getattr" failed
with status 1
[...]

I hope it helps. Attached the failed build log.

Thanks in advance!
Francis