Subject: [PATCH 0/9] Removing 'make-forkexec-constructor/container'
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 15:05:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Guix!

This completes the removal of ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’
as I intended to do with the introduction of ‘least-authority-wrapper’:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54997

The Jami use case exposed a few shortcomings, including those
addressed by <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/67172>, but thankfully
there are tests, which made it easier to validate the changes!

Feedback welcome!

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (9):
  services: pagekite: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: pagekite: Add ‘configuration’ action.
  services: bitlbee: Remove use of
    ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’.
  least-authority: Add support for changing UIDs/GIDs before exec.
  tests: jami: Check status of Jami D-Bus session.
  services: jami-dbus-session: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: jami: Use ‘least-authority-wrapper’.
  services: Remove unnecessary references to (gnu build shepherd).
  shepherd: Remove ‘make-forkexec-constructor/container’.

 gnu/build/shepherd.scm          |  90 ----------------------
 gnu/services/databases.scm      |  41 +++++-----
 gnu/services/messaging.scm      |  77 ++++++++-----------
 gnu/services/networking.scm     |  36 +++++----
 gnu/services/security-token.scm |  29 ++++---
 gnu/services/telephony.scm      | 132 +++++++++++++++++++-------------
 gnu/services/web.scm            |  50 ++++++------
 gnu/tests/telephony.scm         |   9 +++
 guix/least-authority.scm        |  25 +++++-
 9 files changed, 223 insertions(+), 266 deletions(-)

base-commit: 08d94fe20eca47b69678b3eced8749dd02c700a4
prerequisite-patch-id: ea1da8834460072ad48cd7b4a3ec23e7205f2529
prerequisite-patch-id: eb3069189c1b61930a429f933fda673d8fe47691
-- 
2.41.0