Subject: 23.1.50; murrine_style_draw_box: assertion `height >= -1' failed
From: David LeBauer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:00:37 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When opening emacs-snapshot from the command line in Ubuntu 10.04, the
the following error is repeatedly given:

** (emacs-snapshot:2677): CRITICAL **: murrine_style_draw_box:
assertion `height >= -1' failed

no other symptoms

In GNU Emacs 23.1.50.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.0)
 of 2009-09-27 on palmer, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 1:20090909-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--host'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu'
'host_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN
-DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g -Wl,--as-needed'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: SGML

Minor modes in effect:
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  global-auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <send-emacs-bug
-report>

Recent messages:
Loading /usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/preview-latex.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs-snapshot/site-start.d/50auctex.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...
Skipping dictionaries-common setup for emacs-snapshot
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50ess.el (source)...done
Loading /home/dlebauer/.emacs.d/zenburn.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/ssh.el (source)...done [3 times]
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
(New file)

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/bib-cite
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-font
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/context-en hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-en
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/font-latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-info
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/multi-prompt
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-style
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-mik
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fptex
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context-nl
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/context hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/context
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-bar
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/toolbar-x
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-fold
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/latex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/latex
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/texmathp
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-jp
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/tex-buf
/usr/share/emacs/23.1.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

-- 
David LeBauer, PhD
Energy Biosciences Institute
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
1206 W. Gregory Drive
Urbana, IL  61801, U.S.A.