Subject: [PATCH] ; Add index entry for OAUTH2 SMTP auth mechanism
From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:29:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tags: patch

This is a small tweak to the SMTP library manual.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin22.5.0, NS
 appkit-2299.60 Version 13.4 (Build 22F66)) of 2023-08-24 built on
 Dazzs-MacBook-Pro.local
Repository revision: ad5e17d0638be46f982d1448e8fef1d28d224735
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.4

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g0 -O3' --with-native-compilation --with-json
 --with-imagemagick --with-tree-sitter --enable-link-time-optimization'

From a2bef0f40a732a42f82641f45e2cb92aaa0952b2 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 19:17:51 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] ; Add index entry for OAUTH2 SMTP auth mechanism

* doc/misc/smtpmail.texi (Authentication): Fix authentication
mechanism count and add index entries for OAuth 2.0.
---
 doc/misc/smtpmail.texi | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi b/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
index 99363483827..c8fd15aad69 100644
--- a/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
+++ b/doc/misc/smtpmail.texi
@@ -264,10 +264,12 @@ Authentication
 @cindex CRAM-MD5
 @cindex PLAIN
 @cindex LOGIN
+@cindex OAuth2
+@cindex OAuth 2.0
 The process by which the @acronym{SMTP} library authenticates you to
 the server is known as ``Simple Authentication and Security Layer''
 (@acronym{SASL}).  There are various @acronym{SASL} mechanisms, and
-this library supports three of them: @code{cram-md5}, @code{plain},
+this library supports four of them: @code{cram-md5}, @code{plain},
 @code{login} and @code{xoauth2}, where the first uses a form of
 encryption to obscure your password, while the other two do not.  It
 tries each of them, in that order, until one succeeds.
-- 
2.41.0