Subject: Re: bug#65431: 30.0.50; pcomplete should not quote everything in a file name
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:23:55 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 29.2

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Jim,

> Since glob chars are an eshell feature, I believe we could leave it as
> it is. It is even documented in the eshell manual. If we add the square
> brackets to the speacial characters of remote file names, we could close
> the bug I believe. Something like
>
> This is needed especially for file names with special characters like
> pipe (‘|’) or square brackets ('[' or ']'), which could be part of
> remote file names.

No further comment, so I've pushed this to the emacs-29 branch. Closing
the bug.

Best regards, Michael.