Subject: 30.0.50; unportable shell construct in configure
From: Thomas Klausner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: 14. August 2023 at 15:21:12 CEST
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

NetBSD's sh doesn't like:

if test -n "${ndk_commands//\n }"

(it works in bash)

This construct has been in m4/ndk-build.m4 for quite some time, I'm not
sure how it ended up in configure now, but I guess it was one of the
recent Android changes.

I don't build emacs every day, so I think it appeared between Aug 5 and
Aug 13.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64--netbsd, GTK+ Version 3.24.38,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-08-05 built on yt.nih.at
Repository revision: 60e5f212182ca2f41f89a4315075e38433bc8ac0
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: NetBSD yt.nih.at 10.99.7 NetBSD 10.99.7 (MIAU) #148: Fri Aug 11 20:13:44 CEST 2023  [email-masked]:/disk/6/archive/foreign/src/sys/arch/amd64/compile/obj/MIAU amd64

Configured using:
'configure --srcdir=/scratch/wip/emacs-git/work/emacs
--localstatedir=/var --with-native-compilation --without-ns
--without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
--prefix=/usr/pkg --build=x86_64--netbsd --host=x86_64--netbsd
--infodir=/usr/pkg/info --mandir=/usr/pkg/man
--enable-option-checking=yes 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -g -fstack-clash-protection
-I/usr/pkg/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2
-I/usr/pkg/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/include/gio-unix-2.0
-I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/pkg/include/harfbuzz
-I/usr/pkg/include/libdrm' 'CPPFLAGS=-g -I/usr/pkg/include
-I/usr/include -I/usr/pkg/include/freetype2 -I/usr/pkg/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/pkg/include/gio-unix-2.0 -I/usr/pkg/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/pkg/include/harfbuzz -I/usr/pkg/include/libdrm'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/gcc13/lib -Wl,-zrelro -Wl,-znow -L/usr/pkg/lib
-Wl,-R/usr/pkg/lib -L/usr/lib -Wl,-R/usr/lib''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LIBOTF LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY KQUEUE PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
 value of $LC_CTYPE: de_AT.UTF-8
 value of $LC_TIME: de_AT.UTF-8
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
 nerd-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
 ivy-rich-mode: t
 global-flycheck-mode: t
 flycheck-mode: t
 global-company-mode: t
 company-mode: t
 dtrt-indent-global-mode: t
 dtrt-indent-mode: t
 counsel-mode: t
 ivy-mode: t
 which-key-mode: t
 server-mode: t
 tooltip-mode: t
 global-eldoc-mode: t
 eldoc-mode: t
 show-paren-mode: t
 electric-indent-mode: t
 mouse-wheel-mode: t
 file-name-shadow-mode: t
 global-font-lock-mode: t
 font-lock-mode: t
 blink-cursor-mode: t
 line-number-mode: t
 indent-tabs-mode: t
 transient-mark-mode: t
 auto-composition-mode: t
 auto-encryption-mode: t
 auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wiz/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230602.2121/transient hides /usr/pkg/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
term/screen term/xterm xterm eglot external-completion jsonrpc
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt ert pp ewoc debug backtrace filenotify
imenu use-package-core comp comp-cstr warnings icons nerd-icons-ivy-rich
ivy-rich nerd-icons-dired nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data
nerd-icons-data-mdicon nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon
nerd-icons-data-devicon nerd-icons-data-sucicon nerd-icons-data-wicon
nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon company-box
company-box-doc frame-local company-box-icons company-oddmuse
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop generator company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files company-clang
company-capf company-cmake company-semantic company-template
company-bbdb leuven-theme flycheck find-func dash company dtrt-indent
advice cus-load finder-inf counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs
compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color swiper cl-extra
help-mode ivy delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color which-key
server avy-autoloads bison-mode-autoloads clang-format+-autoloads
clang-format-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads company-box-autoloads
company-php-autoloads company-autoloads ac-php-core-autoloads
counsel-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads deadgrep-autoloads
dtrt-indent-autoloads f-autoloads flycheck-eglot-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads frame-local-autoloads rx leuven-theme-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
nerd-icons-completion-autoloads nerd-icons-dired-autoloads
nerd-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads ivy-rich-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads popup-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads transient-autoloads which-key-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xcscope-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind kqueue
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 293061 19152) (symbols 48 20858 0) (strings 32 89514 4261)
(string-bytes 1 2719570) (vectors 16 35404)
(vector-slots 8 691039 18205) (floats 8 442 8229)
(intervals 56 399 53) (buffers 984 11))