Subject: 29.1; C++ treesitter mode no coloration
From: David Come <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 09:13:33 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When opening a C++ file with major mode c++-ts-mode, there is not
coloration

In the Messsage buffer, I see

Error during redisplay: (jit-lock-function 14) signaled (treesit-query-error "Node type error at" 99 "(true) @font-lock-constant-face (false) @font-lock-constant-face (null) @font-lock-constant-face (nullptr) @font-lock-constant-face" "Debug the query with `treesit-query-validate'") [2 times]

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.20,
cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-07-24 built on ubuntu
Repository revision: 31cef9a4eac01fff5ff4fcb89d7e2b7815e93bad
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --prefix /usr/local --with-native-compilation --without-pgtk
--with-json --with-gnutls --with-rsvg --without-xwidgets
--with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-xaw3d --without-mailutils
--without-pop --with-tree-sitter 'CFLAGS=-O3 -mtune=native
-march=native -fomit-frame-pointer''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2
XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Magit

Minor modes in effect:
global-company-mode: t
company-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
counsel-projectile-mode: t
global-treesit-auto-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
winner-mode: t
treemacs-icons-dired-mode: t
dap-tooltip-mode: t
dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
dap-ui-mode: t
lsp-treemacs-sync-mode: t
treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
treemacs-follow-mode: t
treemacs-git-mode: t
treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
dap-auto-configure-mode: t
dap-mode: t
bury-successful-compilation: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
all-the-icons-ivy-rich-mode: t
ivy-rich-mode: t
projectile-mode: t
counsel-mode: t
ivy-mode: t
gcmh-mode: t
global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
engine-mode: t
unkillable-scratch: t
dimmer-mode: t
windmove-mode: t
global-undo-tree-mode: t
undo-tree-mode: t
global-git-commit-mode: t
magit-auto-revert-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
server-mode: t
volatile-highlights-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
buffer-read-only: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/dcome/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230723.1411/transient hides /home/dcome/source/emacs-29-rc1/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug magit-extras display-line-numbers
make-mode tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration tramp-compat
mule-util treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags magit-bookmark bookmark
lsp-diagnostics company-cmake company-keywords company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-yasnippet company-capf company
lsp-headerline lsp-icons lsp-modeline astyle reformatter lsp-ui
lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline
flycheck lsp-ui-util which-key view lsp-zig lsp-tilt lsp-steep
lsp-svelte lsp-sqls lsp-ruby-syntax-tree lsp-ruby-lsp lsp-yaml lsp-xml
lsp-vimscript lsp-vhdl lsp-volar lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-vala
lsp-v lsp-typeprof lsp-ttcn3 lsp-toml lsp-terraform lsp-tex lsp-sorbet
lsp-solargraph lsp-semgrep lsp-rust lsp-rf lsp-ruff-lsp lsp-remark
lsp-racket lsp-r lsp-purescript lsp-pylsp lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-php
lsp-pls lsp-perlnavigator lsp-perl lsp-openscad lsp-ocaml lsp-magik
lsp-nix lsp-nim lsp-nginx lsp-mint lsp-marksman lsp-markdown lsp-lua
lsp-kotlin lsp-json lsp-javascript lsp-idris lsp-haxe lsp-groovy
lsp-hack lsp-graphql lsp-glsl lsp-gleam lsp-go lsp-completion
lsp-gdscript lsp-fsharp lsp-fortran lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-emmet
lsp-elixir lsp-elm lsp-dockerfile lsp-dhall lsp-d lsp-css lsp-csharp
lsp-crystal lsp-credo lsp-cmake lsp-clojure lsp-semantic-tokens
lsp-clangd lsp-beancount lsp-bash lsp-astro lsp-awk lsp-ansible
lsp-angular lsp-ada lsp-actionscript c-ts-mode hideshow
counsel-projectile oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url ol-rmail ol-mhe
ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
gnus nnheader range ol-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode exif
ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org-agenda
time emacsql emacsql-compiler ghub-graphql treepy gsexp ghub url-http
url-gw url-auth let-alist gnutls treesit-auto tree-sitter-langs
tree-sitter-langs-build tar-mode arc-mode archive-mode tree-sitter-hl
tree-sitter tree-sitter-load tree-sitter-cli tsc tsc-dyn tsc-dyn-get
dired-aux tsc-obsolete register-list dockerfile-mode sh-script smie
executable groovy-mode dts-mode afternoon-theme py-autopep8 lsp-haskell
haskell-mode haskell-cabal haskell-utils haskell-font-lock
haskell-indentation haskell-string haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme
haskell-align-imports haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support
flymake-proc flymake dabbrev haskell-customize dashboard
dashboard-widgets recentf ob-shell ob-org org-bullets
the-org-mode-expansions org-element org-persist org-id org-refile
avl-tree org org-macro org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp org-table org-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs winner move-text helpful cc-langs trace edebug debug
backtrace info-look find-func elisp-refs ivy-avy link-hint ffap
goto-addr ibuffer-vc treemacs-magit treemacs-icons-dired
treemacs-projectile dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture hl-line
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils lsp-lens dap-python dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch lsp-docker
yaml posframe dap-overlays lsp-mode lsp-protocol tree-widget
network-stream nsm inline ht f f-shortdoc ivy-xref cmake-font-lock
cmake-mode rst bury-successful-compilation qml-mode flyspell ispell
ivy-yasnippet auto-yasnippet haskell-snippets yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet all-the-icons-ivy-rich all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons ivy-rich projectile ido counsel-fd
counsel-test counsel-test-pytest counsel-test-ctest counsel-test-core
counsel xdg swiper ivy delsel ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir async
mermaid-mode protobuf-mode rotate d2-mode ob ob-tangle ol org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core org-cycle org-fold
org-fold-core ob-eval org-keys oc org-compat org-version org-macs
major-mode-hydra kill-or-bury-alive gcmh json-mode json-snatcher
js-mode-expansions js c-ts-common treesit cc-mode-expansions cc-mode
cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs dired-subtree dired-hacks-utils rainbow-mode rainbow-delimiters
smart-forward whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace engine-mode miniedit
expand-region yaml-mode-expansions text-mode-expansions
er-basic-expansions expand-region-core expand-region-custom zetteldeft
ace-window avy deft iedit iedit-lib goto-line-preview unkillable-scratch
markdown-mode noutline outline dimmer face-remap color windmove
sentence-navigation ample-regexps swap-buffers quail cl annotate rg
files-x rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep
rg-history rg-header ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs grep compile 0xc
quelpa-use-package quelpa lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree undo-tree queue
git-modes gitignore-mode gitconfig-mode conf-mode gitattributes-mode
xterm-color magit-lfs diff-hl log-view vc-dir ewoc vc git-link thingatpt
vdiff-magit magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind
ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util git-timemachine vc-git
vc-dispatcher magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr
mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log magit-core
magit-autorevert autorevert filenotify magit-margin magit-transient
magit-process with-editor shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc server
ansi-color magit-mode transient magit-git magit-base magit-section
format-spec cursor-sensor crm compat vdiff smerge-mode diff diff-mode
pretty-hydra s dash repo gitlab-ci-mode yaml-mode use-package-hydra
edmacro kmacro comp comp-cstr warnings etags fileloop generator xref
project advice volatile-highlights paradox paradox-menu
paradox-commit-list hydra ring lv cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit
paradox-execute paradox-github paradox-core spinner cl-extra help-mode
use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core finder-inf
0xc-autoloads afternoon-theme-autoloads all-the-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads
all-the-icons-autoloads annotate-autoloads astyle-autoloads
async-autoloads auto-yasnippet-autoloads bm-autoloads
bury-successful-compilation-autoloads clang-format-autoloads
cmake-font-lock-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads company-autoloads
counsel-fd-autoloads counsel-projectile-autoloads counsel-autoloads
counsel-test-autoloads d2-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
bui-autoloads dashboard-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads dimmer-autoloads
dired-subtree-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads dts-mode-autoloads easy-hugo-autoloads
engine-mode-autoloads flycheck-autoloads flyspell-correct-ivy-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads forge-autoloads closql-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads gcmh-autoloads ghub-autoloads git-link-autoloads
git-modes-autoloads git-timemachine-autoloads gitlab-ci-mode-autoloads
goto-line-preview-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
haskell-snippets-autoloads helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads ibuffer-vc-autoloads iedit-autoloads
ivy-avy-autoloads ivy-rich-autoloads ivy-xref-autoloads
ivy-yasnippet-autoloads json-mode-autoloads rx json-snatcher-autoloads
kill-or-bury-alive-autoloads kotlin-mode-autoloads
kotlin-ts-mode-autoloads link-hint-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
lsp-haskell-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads lsp-ivy-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads f-autoloads
magit-lfs-autoloads major-mode-hydra-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
mermaid-mode-autoloads miniedit-autoloads move-text-autoloads
olivetti-autoloads org-bullets-autoloads paradox-autoloads
pipenv-autoloads load-env-vars-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads popup-autoloads pretty-hydra-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads py-autopep8-autoloads pyvenv-autoloads
qml-mode-autoloads quelpa-use-package-autoloads quelpa-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads register-list-autoloads repo-autoloads
request-autoloads rg-autoloads rotate-autoloads
sentence-navigation-autoloads ample-regexps-autoloads
shell-pop-autoloads smart-comment-autoloads smart-forward-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads spinner-autoloads swap-buffers-autoloads
swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
tree-sitter-autoloads treemacs-icons-dired-autoloads
treemacs-magit-autoloads treemacs-projectile-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads s-autoloads projectile-autoloads treepy-autoloads
treesit-auto-autoloads tsc-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads queue-autoloads
unkillable-scratch-autoloads use-package-hydra-autoloads
vdiff-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase magit-section-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads transient-autoloads dash-autoloads vdiff-autoloads
hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads
visual-regexp-autoloads volatile-highlights-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
which-key-autoloads whitespace-cleanup-mode-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads
yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads zetteldeft-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
avy-autoloads deft-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1459818 925289)
(symbols 48 74217 152)
(strings 32 443096 123894)
(string-bytes 1 15926874)
(vectors 16 156046)
(vector-slots 8 2896484 996131)
(floats 8 2121 6640)
(intervals 56 12743 9883)
(buffers 984 42))