Subject: 29.1; typescript-ts-mode indentation broken since 235561a
From: Jimmy Yuen Ho Wong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2023 22:23:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Reproduction:

1. emacs -q
2. C-x C-f ~/test.ts
3. M-x typescript-ts-mode
4. Insert

```typescript
if (true) {
console.log('hello');
}
```

5. Move point to the beginning of the second line
6. TAB

Expectation:

I expect the indentation behavior to be the same as js-ts-mode, in which
the if statement body will be indented as I type RET after {, or on TAB
on the second line, but commit 235561a seems to have broken this behavior.

In GNU Emacs 29.1 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin22.5.0, NS
 appkit-2299.60 Version 13.4.1 (c) (Build 22F770820d)) of 2023-07-23
 built on MobileCat.localdomain
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2299
System Description:  macOS 13.4.1

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/opt/local --disable-silent-rules --without-dbus
 --without-gconf --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --with-libgmp
 --with-gnutls --with-json --with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir
 /opt/local/share/info/emacs --with-sqlite3 --with-webp --with-ns
 --with-lcms2 --without-harfbuzz --without-imagemagick --without-xaw3d
 --with-tree-sitter --with-rsvg --with-native-compilation=aot
 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os -Wno-attributes
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk -arch
 arm64' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include
 -isysroot/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-rpath
 /opt/local/lib/gcc12 -Wl,-no_pie
 -Wl,-syslibroot,/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX13.sdk
 -arch arm64''

Configured features:
ACL GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: TypeScript

Minor modes in effect:
  flycheck-inline-mode: t
  smart-semicolon-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-mode: t
  company-quickhelp-local-mode: t
  company-prescient-mode: t
  rainbow-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  beginend-prog-mode: t
  imenu-list-minor-mode: t
  purpose-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  magit-todos-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  projectile-rails-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  prettier-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  dap-tooltip-mode: t
  dap-ui-many-windows-mode: t
  dap-ui-controls-mode: t
  dap-ui-mode: t
  treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
  treemacs-follow-mode: t
  treemacs-git-mode: t
  treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  smooth-scrolling-mode: t
  show-smartparens-global-mode: t
  show-smartparens-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  rxt-global-mode: t
  rxt-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  global-origami-mode: t
  origami-mode: t
  global-move-dup-mode: t
  move-dup-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-show-hunk-mouse-mode: t
  diff-hl-show-hunk-mouse-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-aggressive-indent-mode: t
  aggressive-indent-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  editorconfig-mode: t
  direnv-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  dap-auto-configure-mode: t
  dap-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/opt/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp/site-start
/Users/wyuenho/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230723.1411/transient hides /Applications/MacPorts/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr helpful cc-langs trace edebug info-look
elisp-refs flycheck-inline flycheck-cask smart-semicolon
add-node-modules-path emacsbug dired-aux vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs diff-hl-dired all-the-icons-dired dired-collapse
dired-hacks-utils company-quickhelp pos-tip company-prescient
company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop company-gtags
company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-yasnippet company-capf
company-files company-cmake company-clang company-semantic
company-template company-bbdb rainbow-mode elisp-def ert debug backtrace
display-line-numbers cap-words superword subword smartparens-rust
smartparens-config smartparens-javascript smartparens-ruby
smartparens-org smartparens-python smartparens-markdown smartparens-text
smartparens-c page-break-lines beginend window-purpose-x shut-up
imenu-list hideshow window-purpose window-purpose-fixes
window-purpose-prefix-overload window-purpose-switch
window-purpose-layout window-purpose-core window-purpose-configuration
window-purpose-utils ibuffer-projectile windmove dired-hide-dotfiles
shrink-path git-timemachine vc-git magit-lfs magit-todos hl-todo async
forge-list forge-commands forge-semi forge-bitbucket buck forge-gogs
gogs forge-gitea gtea forge-gitlab glab forge-github ghub-graphql treepy
gsexp ghub forge-notify forge-revnote forge-pullreq forge-issue
forge-topic bug-reference forge-post forge-repo forge forge-core
forge-db closql emacsql-sqlite-common emacsql emacsql-compiler
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode magit-git
magit-base magit-section cursor-sensor crm diff-hl-flydiff diff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util rg rg-info-hack rg-menu rg-ibuffer rg-result wgrep-rg wgrep
rg-history rg-header projectile-rails rake inflections inf-ruby
ruby-mode smie autoinsert lsp-metals view lsp-metals-treeview
treemacs-extensions treemacs-mouse-interface lsp-metals-protocol
lsp-sourcekit dap-java lsp-java request lsp cargo cargo-process
rust-ts-mode cmake-ts-mode yard-mode lsp-pyright pet lsp-jedi
python-pytest projectile grep transient python-isort python-black python
python-insert-docstring typescript-ts-mode prettier tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat nvm iter2 reformatter
flycheck-package package-lint finder dockerfile-ts-mode toml-ts-mode
yaml-ts-mode eterm-256color term disp-table native-complete shell ehelp
xterm-color verb js c-ts-common treesit cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs url-queue
url-file embark-org org-element org-persist xdg org-id org-refile
avl-tree generator org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
quick-peek lsp-ui lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu
lsp-ui-peek lsp-ui-sideline lsp-ui-util face-remap pdf-loader pdf-occur
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs tablist tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch pdf-misc pdf-tools pdf-view
treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags bookmark jka-compr pdf-cache pdf-info
tq pdf-util format-spec pdf-macs image-mode exif iedit iedit-lib
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core rect embark ffap marginalia vertico-prescient
prescient char-fold vertico-mouse vertico-directory vertico compat
scroll-on-jump pager-default-keybindings pager browse-kill-ring edmacro
kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key use-package-delight
exec-path-from-shell all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
all-the-icons-data-material-icons
all-the-icons-data-fluentui-system-icons
all-the-icons-data-fontawesome-4 all-the-icons-data-weather-icons
all-the-icons-data-vscode-codicons all-the-icons-data-octicons
all-the-icons-data-mfixx all-the-icons-data-file-icons
all-the-icons-data-devopicons all-the-icons-data-alltheicons svg dom xml
parse-time iso8601 spaceline-config spaceline-segments spaceline
powerline powerline-separators powerline-themes solarized-dark-theme
solarized-theme solarized solarized-faces delight quelpa-use-package
use-package-core quelpa lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree finder-inf
mm-archive message sendmail yank-media dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa gnus-util time-date mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-utils gnutls url-cache url-http
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr url-gw dap-mouse dap-ui lsp-treemacs lsp-treemacs-generic
lsp-treemacs-themes treemacs-treelib treemacs treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode treemacs-follow-mode
treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals
treemacs-fringe-indicator pulse treemacs-faces treemacs-icons
treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils pfuture
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros gdb-mi bindat
gud bui bui-list bui-info bui-entry bui-core bui-history bui-button
bui-utils cus-edit pp lsp-lens winner which-key which-func
smooth-scrolling smartparens loadhist server savehist saveplace pcre2el
rxt re-builder recentf mb-depth help-at-pt whitespace-cleanup-mode
advice whitespace so-long origami origami-parsers cl move-dup hl-line
flycheck find-func diff-hl-show-hunk diff-hl-inline-popup diff-hl
log-view pcvs-util vc-dir vc vc-dispatcher company autorevert
aggressive-indent gcmh editorconfig editorconfig-core
editorconfig-core-handle editorconfig-fnmatch direnv diff-mode
easy-mmode desktop frameset delsel dap-mode dap-tasks dap-launch
lsp-docker yaml posframe dap-overlays lsp-mode lsp-protocol
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet xref project tree-widget wid-edit spinner
network-stream puny nsm markdown-mode color thingatpt noutline outline
lv inline imenu ht f f-shortdoc s ewoc epg rfc6068 epg-config dash
compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
auto-compile let-alist filenotify cus-load
add-node-modules-path-autoloads ag-autoloads aggressive-indent-autoloads
all-the-icons-dired-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
apib-mode-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto eieio-base
auto-compile-autoloads auto-yasnippet-autoloads beginend-autoloads
browse-kill-ring-autoloads buffer-move-autoloads bug-hunter-autoloads
buttercup-autoloads cargo-autoloads cask-mode-autoloads
company-native-complete-autoloads company-prescient-autoloads
company-quickhelp-autoloads company-autoloads coverage-autoloads
crux-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads cycle-quotes-autoloads
default-text-scale-autoloads delight-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
dired-collapse-autoloads dired-hacks-utils-autoloads
dired-hide-dotfiles-autoloads dired-single-autoloads direnv-autoloads
docker-compose-mode-autoloads dotenv-mode-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads
embark-autoloads emmet-mode-autoloads enh-ruby-mode-autoloads
eterm-256color-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads flycheck-cask-autoloads
flycheck-golangci-lint-autoloads flycheck-inline-autoloads
flycheck-package-autoloads flycheck-autoloads focus-autoloads
fontify-face-autoloads forge-autoloads closql-autoloads
emacsql-autoloads gcmh-autoloads ghub-autoloads git-modes-autoloads
git-timemachine-autoloads go-mode-autoloads graphql-mode-autoloads
graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads helpful-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads highlight-indent-guides-autoloads ialign-autoloads
ibuffer-projectile-autoloads iedit-autoloads imenu-anywhere-autoloads
impostman-autoloads jq-mode-autoloads jsonian-autoloads
kurecolor-autoloads lorem-ipsum-autoloads lsp-java-autoloads
lsp-jedi-autoloads lsp-metals-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads bui-autoloads lsp-origami-autoloads
lsp-pyright-autoloads lsp-sourcekit-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads
lsp-ui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads macrostep-autoloads
magit-lfs-autoloads magit-todos-autoloads magit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads hl-todo-autoloads
async-autoloads marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
monky-autoloads move-dup-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads
native-complete-autoloads nodejs-repl-autoloads olivetti-autoloads
origami-autoloads ov-autoloads package-build-autoloads derived
package-lint-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads
pager-default-keybindings-autoloads pager-autoloads pcre2el-autoloads
pdf-tools-autoloads pet-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads epl-autoloads
plantuml-mode-autoloads po-mode-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads
prettier-autoloads editorconfig-autoloads nvm-autoloads iter2-autoloads
projectile-rails-autoloads inf-ruby-autoloads inflections-autoloads
protobuf-mode-autoloads python-black-autoloads
python-docstring-autoloads python-insert-docstring-autoloads
python-isort-autoloads python-pytest-autoloads projectile-autoloads
quelpa-use-package-autoloads quelpa-autoloads quick-peek-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads rake-autoloads reason-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads repeat-help-autoloads request-autoloads
rg-autoloads ron-mode-autoloads sass-mode-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads
sbt-mode-autoloads scala-mode-autoloads scroll-on-jump-autoloads
shift-number-autoloads shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads
smart-semicolon-autoloads smartparens-autoloads
smooth-scrolling-autoloads solarized-theme-autoloads spaceline-autoloads
powerline-autoloads sphinx-doc-autoloads spinner-autoloads
ssh-config-mode-autoloads string-inflection-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
swift-mode-autoloads tablist-autoloads terraform-mode-autoloads
hcl-mode-autoloads transient-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads ht-autoloads hydra-autoloads lv-autoloads
pfuture-autoloads ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads s-autoloads
dash-autoloads treepy-autoloads ts-comint-autoloads tuareg-autoloads
caml-autoloads udev-mode-autoloads verb-autoloads
vertico-prescient-autoloads vertico-autoloads prescient-autoloads
visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads visual-regexp-autoloads vterm-autoloads
vundo-autoloads web-mode-autoloads wgrep-ag-autoloads wgrep-autoloads
which-key-autoloads whitespace-cleanup-mode-autoloads
window-purpose-autoloads shut-up-autoloads imenu-list-autoloads
with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads xterm-color-autoloads
yaml-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yard-mode-autoloads
yarn-mode-autoloads yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache json
map byte-opt url-vars pcase bootstrap-theme comp comp-cstr warnings
icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp
byte-compile cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2
multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1212754 240397)
 (symbols 48 92710 0)
 (strings 32 347730 75017)
 (string-bytes 1 10761099)
 (vectors 16 134749)
 (vector-slots 8 2725753 476148)
 (floats 8 829 1757)
 (intervals 56 3511 483)
 (buffers 984 28))