Subject: [PATCH 0/8] Fix cross build and native build for the Hurd.
From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2023 15:11:52 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi!

So...updating mig using git-fetch created a circular dependency because
mig-boot0 re-used mig's source, and we cannot use git in commencement.

This patch series now uses a hack by Ludo (thanks!) as suggested on IRC
<https://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2023-07-17.log#233051> to not directly use
generated cgit tarballs from savannah.

The versions of gnumach-headers-boot0, mig-boot0, and hurd-headers-boot0 are
updated so that native builds work again.  Because upstream does not produce
release tarballs we now also need autoconf and automake in commencement.

Note that building natively won't get very far, as for many packages (guile,
coreutils, grep, findutils, diffutils, gettext-minimal, m4, openssl, python,
...) the `check' phase will fail.  See the `hurd-team' branch for updates on
this.

Now that mig-boot0 uses its own source definition, we can safely re-apply the
mig update.

Greetings,
Janneke

Janneke Nieuwenhuizen (6):
  gnu: commencement: Add autoconf-boot0.
  gnu: commencement: Add automake-boot0.
  gnu: commencement: gnumach-headers-boot0: Update to 1.8+git20221224.
  gnu: commencement: mig-boot0: Update to 1.8+git20230520.
  gnu: commencement: hurd-headers-boot0: Update to 0.9.git20230216.
  gnu: commencement: hurd-minimal-boot0: Update to 0.9.git20230216.

Josselin Poiret (1):
  gnu: mig: Update to 1.8+git20230520.

Ludovic Courtès (1):
  gnu: commencement: Add git-fetch-from-tarball utility.

 gnu/packages/commencement.scm | 200 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 gnu/packages/hurd.scm         |  20 ++--
 2 files changed, 160 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

base-commit: 94f83088d237ecd032c411bb94e2d647a2931990
-- 
2.40.1