Subject: 28.2; Windows 10 errors version 28.* (including 28.2)
From: William Lightner <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2023 17:58:39 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Start emacs in any fashion in Windows 10 and you'll start getting pop-up:
error messages:

...and this error if you start from a console session:

(process:29332): GLib-GIO-WARNING **: 12:50:14.980: Unexpectedly, UWP app `38158LongStudio.298539A30247C_2.2.5.0_x64__ak617djt3331m' (AUMId `38158LongStudio.298539A30247C_ak617djt3331m!LongStudio.C') supports 5 extensions but has no verbs

I've had this problem starting with Emacs 27.(I don't recall), and this information was collected staring emacs from the command line (Windows console) with the -q option.

In GNU Emacs 28.2 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
of 2022-09-13 built on AVALON
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.19044
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (v10.0.2009.19044.3086)

Configured using:
'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
--without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
XPM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs auth-source eieio eieio-core eieio-loaddefs
password-cache json map text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date comp
comp-cstr warnings rx cl-seq cl-macs cl-extra help-mode seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv subr-x cl-loaddefs cl-lib iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win
w32-vars term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 79782 9591)
(symbols 48 7923 1)
(strings 32 23448 2158)
(string-bytes 1 786909)
(vectors 16 18225)
(vector-slots 8 311821 17430)
(floats 8 28 236)
(intervals 56 338 14)
(buffers 992 12))
This email contains confidential material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.