Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Fix hdf5-1.14 wrappers and remove generated source files from all hdf5 versions.
From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2023 21:58:45 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When using hdf5 with CMake, I noticed that it does not work for the 1.14
version, because the h5cc and h5c++ wrappers contain the flag
"-I/tmp/guix-build-hdf5-1.14.0.drv-0/hdf5-1.14.0/src/H5FDsubfiling". It
is required in the 'configure phase, but can be removed afterwards.

Additionally, I noticed that the hdf5 source tarballs contain many
autogenerated files, so I also removed them. Somehow, the 1.8.23 release
is missing two m4 scripts (which are included in later releases, but
different from this one), so they are copied from the 1.8.21 tarball
(the latest earlier release which includes them).
The genparser script is missing as well, which is copied from the 1.10.9
release.

David Elsing (2):
  gnu: hdf5-1.8: Remove generated files from source
  gnu: hdf5-1.14: Remove spurious include directories.

 gnu/packages/maths.scm                      | 234 +++++++++++++++-----
 gnu/packages/patches/hdf5-config-date.patch |  14 +-
 2 files changed, 188 insertions(+), 60 deletions(-)

base-commit: 76e39909e886bb51cf9b2fa03a1523545faca880
-- 
2.40.1