Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Build catch2@3 with CMake and update to 3.3.2
From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 19:27:18 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Currently, the catch2-3.1 package is built with Meson. I think this was done
to build both static and shared libraries together, which is not supported by
CMake. Unfortunately, several CMake files (in lib/cmake/Catch2) are not
installed and to install them, CMake would be necessary as build dependency
anyway. Only the clingo package depends on this package and the static output
is not used in another package.

Would it be acceptable to build it with CMake instead, like the catch2 package
(for version 2)? I also included a separate package for the static version. Of
course, the documentation and headers are then installed in both packages.

David Elsing (2):
  gnu: catch2-3.1: Rename to catch2-3.3.
  gnu: Add catch2-static-3.3.

 gnu/packages/check.scm    | 81 ++++++++++-----------------------------
 gnu/packages/potassco.scm |  2 +-
 2 files changed, 21 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

base-commit: 6e1215fb9c03ccb4a2d4440990aee5a66a935268
-- 
2.40.1