Subject: 29.0.91; [PATCH] Add reference to indent-rigidly to the Emacs manual
From: Daniel Martín <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 12:51:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The Emacs manual describes keybindings by adding the command they
execute to the end of the first sentence, in parenthesis.

In section 25.1 Indentation Commands, `C-x <TAB>' does not follow this
pattern, so I've attached a patch that rewrites the first sentence to
mention indent-rigidly, and also removes usage of passive voice.
Thanks.

From 0c1a666ee391ee1c6100fbbf242a920e78e2ac6a Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Daniel=20Mart=C3=ADn?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 12:36:53 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Mention indent-rigidly in the Emacs manual

* doc/emacs/indent.texi (Indentation Commands): Rewrite the first
sentence of C-x TAB to mention the command that it executes, and
without using passive voice.
---
 doc/emacs/indent.texi | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/emacs/indent.texi b/doc/emacs/indent.texi
index 95ad726828d..2fe632b822b 100644
--- a/doc/emacs/indent.texi
+++ b/doc/emacs/indent.texi
@@ -127,8 +127,8 @@ Indentation Commands
 @kindex C-x TAB
 @findex indent-rigidly
 @cindex remove indentation
-This command is used to change the indentation of all lines that begin
-in the region, moving the affected lines as a rigid unit.
+Indent all lines that begin in the region, moving the affected lines
+as a rigid unit (@code{indent-rigidly}).
 
 If called with no argument, the command activates a transient mode for
 adjusting the indentation of the affected lines interactively.  While
-- 
2.40.1