Subject: 29.0.91; (elisp) Skip to end #@00 does not work
From: richard newton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 May 2023 16:19:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

With emacs 29.0.91 pretest, the "skip to end" syntax #@00 no longer seems
to work. For example, with the three lines below in a buffer (eval-buffer)
gives the error - End of file during parsing. With previous emacs versions
it did not complain.

(setq testStr "zz")
#@00
should be ignored

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-05-18 built on n26-hp
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201009
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB