Subject: 29.0.91; Org Cannot tangle with tramp using sudo
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 May 2023 22:21:16 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Triyng to tangle this org block on emacs 29.0.91 with emacs -Q

#+begin_src conf :tangle /ssh:user@server|sudo::/etc/test.conf
test
#+end_src

It hangs with Opening connection nil for root@server using sudo.... If I
install emacs 28 everything works fine.

Also when I manually do M-x find-file > 
/ssh:user@server|sudo::/etc/test.conf
it finds with without problems and after that I can tangle the block
until I restart emacs then it fails again. This again was tested with 
emacs -Q.

If I try to tangle a non root file, the problem does not appear.

I also tested on emacs 30 both on archlinux and opensuse tumbleweed.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-05-18 built on server
Repository revision: f8d9e40d2c1d127a125adc097d985a0b6964a86c
Repository branch: makepkg
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101008
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
--localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-gameuser=:games
--with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gconf
--with-native-compilation=yes --with-native-compilation=aot
--with-xinput2 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no
--with-tree-sitter --without-gpm --without-compress-install
'--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions
-Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_MONETARY: bg_BG.UTF-8
value of $LC_TIME: bg_BG.UTF-8
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug tramp-cmds tramp-cache time-stamp
tramp-sh tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-compat shell ls-lisp conf-mode vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dispatcher org-element org-persist org-id org-refile avl-tree
generator oc-basic ol-eww eww xdg url-queue thingatpt mm-url ol-rmail
ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view
mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg
dom browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source eieio eieio-core json map byte-opt url-vars gnus-group
gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail
mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
sendmail mailcap yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit ol-docview doc-view filenotify jka-compr
image-mode exif dired dired-loaddefs ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle
org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs
format-spec cl-loaddefs comp comp-cstr warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq
cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode bytecomp byte-compile cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 274978 21651)
(symbols 48 22206 2)
(strings 32 78313 5263)
(string-bytes 1 2419918)
(vectors 16 42211)
(vector-slots 8 755160 31482)
(floats 8 332 154)
(intervals 56 390 375)
(buffers 984 13))