Subject: [PATCH 0/4] build: Update po4a process.
From: gemmaro <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: gemmaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2023 19:17:47 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

This patchset updates the po4a build process and is a follow-up to [1].

In particular, it now uses po4a command instead of po4a-updatepo and
po4a-translate in both Make tasks and `guix build -f doc/build.scm`.  So no
more warnings like "po4a-translate is deprecated.  The unified po4a(1) program
is more convenient and less error prone."

I have checked that the updated process works with `make`, `make dist`, `make
as-derivation` and `guix build -f doc/build.scm`, and there seem to be no
errors.  I don't think this affects other components like Weblate either
(Weblate components use po/doc/guix-manual.xx.po and
po/doc/guix-cookbook.xx.po, and these files are still to be generated).

Sorry for the delay in submitting this.  I hope there are no major mistakes
and that I'll no longer feel guilty every time I see po4a warnings.

[1] [PATCH 0/6] gnu: po4a: Update to 0.68
    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/60448

Best,
gemmaro.

gemmaro (4):
  build: Align Automake status lines of po4a and PO xref.
  build: Update po4a process for Makefiles.
  self: Update po4a process.
  doc: Update documentation about translation languages.

 Makefile.am           |  5 ++--
 configure.ac          |  3 +-
 doc/contributing.texi | 14 ++++-----
 doc/local.mk          | 67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-------------------
 guix/self.scm         | 39 ++++++++++++-------------
 po/doc/local.mk       | 49 +++++++++++++------------------
 po/doc/po4a.cfg       | 42 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 130 insertions(+), 89 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 po/doc/po4a.cfg

base-commit: cf89a215cec346bc4d6622cbe353c058452b29b2
-- 
2.39.2