Subject: 29.0.60; Octave Mode: Interacting with plots
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 May 2023 16:56:01 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In /emacs/29.0.60/lisp/progmodes/octave.el line 658:

(defcustom inferior-octave-startup-args '("-i" 
"--no-line-editing")
  "List of command line arguments for the inferior Octave process.
For example, for suppressing the startup message and using 
`traditional'
mode, include \"-q\" and \"--traditional\"."
  :type '(repeat string)
  :version "24.4")

should instead pass the argument --line-editing, so:

(defcustom inferior-octave-startup-args '("-i" "--line-editing")
  "List of command line arguments for the inferior Octave process.
For example, for suppressing the startup message and using 
`traditional'
mode, include \"-q\" and \"--traditional\"."
  :type '(repeat string)
  :version "24.4")

Failure to do so results in the user not being able to interact 
with
generated graphs and figures with the mouse or keyboard. Which is 
very
frustrating!

-Will
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-02 built on vren
Repository revision: 82d0b6c64eaaa5d7de2bb0653cec60fabada5643
Repository branch: makepkg
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --mandir=/usr/share/man 
 --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-modules --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt 
 --without-gconf
 --with-native-compilation=yes --with-xinput2 --with-pgtk
 --without-xaw3d --with-sound=no --with-tree-sitter --without-gpm
 --without-compress-install
 '--program-transform-name=s/\([ec]tags\)/\1.emacs/'
 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt 
 -fexceptions
 -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -Wformat -Werror=format-security
 -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1,--sort-common,--as-needed,-z,relro,-z,now'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ 
JPEG JSON
LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY 
PDUMPER PGTK
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS 
TREE_SITTER
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  doom-modeline-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  clean-aindent-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  yafolding-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  counsel-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/will/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime 
hides /home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20230314.915/slime
/home/will/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-tests 
hides /home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20230314.915/slime-tests
/home/will/.quicklisp/dists/quicklisp/software/slime-v2.28/slime-autoloads 
hides /home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/slime-20230314.915/slime-autoloads
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/cmake-mode-20230404.1329/cmake-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230315.1520/transient hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-diminish 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-jump 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-bind-key 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-core 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-lint 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-ensure 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/will/.emacs.d/elpa/use-package-20230203.2004/use-package-delight 
hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug facemenu two-column paredit 
org-roam-ui
org-roam-dailies org-roam-protocol org-protocol org-roam-migrate
org-roam-log org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id 
org-roam-node
org-roam-db emacsql-sqlite-builtin sqlite org-roam-utils 
org-roam-compat
org-roam org-capture org-attach emacsql-sqlite 
emacsql-sqlite-common
emacsql emacsql-compiler magit-section simple-httpd amx octave 
smie
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x 
tramp-compat
ls-lisp pulse which-key all-the-icons-dired dired-aux
dired-hide-dotfiles org-indent org-bullets image-file 
image-converter
oc-basic disp-table ol-eww eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info 
ol-gnus
nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud 
nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time gnus-spec gnus-int 
gnus-range
gnus-win ol-docview doc-view filenotify ol-bibtex bibtex iso8601 
ol-bbdb
ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core shrink-path f f-shortdoc 
slime-asdf
grep slime-quicklisp smartparens-config smartparens-rst
smartparens-markdown smartparens-org smartparens-text 
smartparens-python
smartparens-latex smartparens-c smartparens loadhist slime-fancy
slime-indentation slime-cl-indent cl-indent slime-trace-dialog
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references
slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch slime-presentations bridge
slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu slime-enclosing-context
slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-repl slime-parse slime
apropos etags fileloop arc-mode archive-mode hyperspec smtpmail
elfeed-goodies-logging elfeed-goodies-new-entry-hooks mm-url gnus
nnheader range elfeed-goodies-split-pane popwin 
elfeed-goodies-show-mode
link-hint ffap goto-addr avy elfeed-goodies-search-mode powerline
powerline-separators powerline-themes elfeed-goodies elfeed-show
elfeed-search vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher clean-aindent-mode
rainbow-delimiters yafolding message sendmail yank-media rfc822 
mml
mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode 
mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums
mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader shr 
pixel-fill
kinsoku puny svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed elfeed-curl elfeed-log 
elfeed-db
elfeed-lib url-queue url-file xml-query all-the-icons-ibuffer 
ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs bash-completion math-symbol-lists djvu mpv valign
pdf-tools cus-edit cus-load wid-edit pdf-view bookmark jka-compr
pdf-cache pdf-info tq pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif 
semantic/idle
semantic/analyze semantic/sort semantic/scope semantic/analyze/fcn
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/find semantic/ctxt
semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/util-modes
semantic/util semantic pp semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw
mode-local cedet with-editor cpp-auto-include cmake-ide s 
levenshtein
find-file cmake-font-lock cmake-mode rst cpputils-cmake spice-mode 
imenu
speedbar ezimage dframe skeleton flycheck ac-ispell websocket 
bindat
org-drill persist org-tempo tempo ob-spice ob-shell shell ob-R
ob-makefile ob-C cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds 
cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs ob-latex ob-matlab ob-sqlite
ob-octave ob-sql ob-python python treesit org-tree-slide 
face-remap
org-timer org-clock org-habit org-agenda org-element org-persist 
org-id
avl-tree generator org-refile org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob 
ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete 
org-list
org-footnote org-faces org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core 
org-keys
oc org-loaddefs find-func org-version org-compat org-macs 
format-spec
auctex-latexmk latex latex-flymake flymake-proc flymake thingatpt
tex-ispell tex-style tex dbus xml crm texmathp auctex 
visual-fill-column
all-the-icons-ivy-rich doom-palenight-theme doom-themes 
doom-themes-base
all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces data-material data-weathericons
data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons data-alltheicons ivy-fuz 
fuz
fuz-extra inline fuzzy advice ivy-prescient prescient char-fold 
counsel
xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs compile text-property-search
comint ansi-osc ansi-color ivy-rich swiper flyspell-correct-ivy 
ivy
delsel ring ivy-faces ivy-overlay colir color flyspell-correct 
flyspell
ispell server no-littering compat diary-lib diary-loaddefs 
cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs time-date auto-package-update dash 
use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core 
finder-inf
display-line-numbers comp comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra 
help-mode
vertico-posframe-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads
all-the-icons-ivy-rich-autoloads treemacs-autoloads 
posframe-autoloads
vertico-autoloads forge-autoloads closql-autoloads 
org-gcal-autoloads
request-deferred-autoloads elnode-autoloads no-littering-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcase creole-autoloads counsel-autoloads
swiper-autoloads helpful-autoloads tex-site fakir-autoloads
lsp-mode-autoloads bash-completion-autoloads vterm-autoloads
slime-company-autoloads ac-slime-autoloads slime-autoloads
macrostep-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
link-hint-autoloads all-the-icons-ibuffer-autoloads db-autoloads
kv-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads deferred-autoloads 
emacsql-autoloads
ac-octave-autoloads auto-complete edmacro kmacro popup 
noflet-autoloads
elisp-refs-autoloads aio-autoloads ivy-autoloads web-autoloads
dash-autoloads request-autoloads info company-autoloads 
amx-autoloads
package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand 
url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util 
mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc 
paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode 
mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd 
fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment 
text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow 
isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang 
vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew 
greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button 
loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window 
text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget 
keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk 
pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1262588 442425)
 (symbols 48 60032 0)
 (strings 32 293511 60137)
 (string-bytes 1 8602290)
 (vectors 16 99199)
 (vector-slots 8 1855647 572231)
 (floats 8 2848 2073)
 (intervals 56 58102 16962)
 (buffers 984 25))