Subject: 29.0.60; Indentation not working properly in csharp-mode
From: Jen-Chieh Shen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 May 2023 10:47:41 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Like I mentioned in the previous bug report #63141:

Hmm... I've tried the latest csharp-mode, but now you cannot indent the
whole buffer anymore!
It prints out the message `up-list: At top level`, not sure what that
means. And every command
regarding indentation is not working, e.g., indent-for-tab-command,
newline, newline-and-indent, etc.

Any thoughts?

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 1, x86_64-w64-mingw32) of 2023-03-10 built
 on AVALON
Repository revision: 6fe9075ff3814ce825c9869c901903edad9d0b44
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.22621
System Description: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (v10.0.2009.22621.1635)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
 --without-compress-install --with-tree-sitter CFLAGS=-O2'

Configured features:
ACL GIF GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY W32NOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XPM ZLIB

(NATIVE_COMP present but libgccjit not available)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENU
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  region-state-mode: t
  nerd-icons-buffer-menu-mode: t
  buffer-menu-filter-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-global-mode: t
  whole-line-or-region-local-mode: t
  global-whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  whitespace-cleanup-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  vs-revbuf-mode: t
  repos-window-mode: t
  global-region-occurrences-highlighter-mode: t
  region-occurrences-highlighter-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  recentf-excl-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  message-clean-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  ff-guard-mode: t
  eval-mark-mode: t
  electric-indent-sexp-mode: t
  diminish-buffer-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  balanced-windows-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-multiform-mode: t
  vertico-flx-mode: t
  nerd-icons-completion-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  right-click-context-mode: t
  jcs-modeline-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  jcs-frametitle-mode: t
  jcs-echobar-mode: t
  echo-bar-mode: t
  global-hl-todo-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  auto-scroll-bar-mode: t
  company-fuzzy-mode: t
  vs-comment-return-mode: t
  vsc-edit-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  company-box-mode: t
  global-company-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  indent-control-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  highlight-numbers-mode: t
  highlight-indent-guides-mode: t
  doxygen-asterisk-mode: t
  indicators-mode: t
  line-reminder-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  alt-codes-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  window-divider-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-psql-20230225.2205/emacsql-psql
hides
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-20230417.1448/emacsql-psql
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-mysql-20230225.2205/emacsql-mysql
hides
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/emacsql-20230417.1448/emacsql-mysql
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230501.1034/transient
hides c:/Program
Files/Emacs/emacs-29.0.60/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/transient
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/less-css-mode-20161001.453/less-css-mode
hides c:/Program
Files/Emacs/emacs-29.0.60/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/textmodes/less-css-mode
c:/Users/JenChieh/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/elpa/csharp-mode-20221126.2005/csharp-mode
hides c:/Program
Files/Emacs/emacs-29.0.60/share/emacs/29.0.60/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode

Features:
(shadow sort company-kaomoji kaomoji kaomoji-data mail-extr emacsbug
message yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg
rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
vertico-directory mule-util block-travel time-date region-state
nerd-icons-buffer-menu buffer-menu-filter buffer-menu-project
whole-line-or-region whitespace-cleanup-mode whitespace which-key
vs-revbuf fextern repos-window region-occurrences-highlighter hi-lock
recentf-excl page-break-lines mb-depth message-clean-mode goto-addr gcmh
ff-guard eval-mark electric-indent-sexp diminish-buffer delsel
company-yasnippet company-gtags company-etags etags fileloop generator
xref ring company-paths company-files company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-elisp-keywords finder finder-inf find-func
lisp-mnt company-abbrev company-dict company-keywords company-semantic
company-template company-capf balanced-windows marginalia time
list-utils jcs-edit vertico-multiform vertico-flx flx-style flx-rs-core
flx-rs flx mbs nerd-icons-completion vertico right-click-context ordinal
popup jcs-modeline minions moody jcs-frametitle jcs-echobar keycast
format-spec show-eol echo-bar hl-todo compat hl-line auto-scroll-bar
eask-api company-fuzzy f f-shortdoc s vs-comment-return vsc-edit-mode
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet company-box company-box-icons
company-box-doc face-remap company-box-util frame-local asoc company
mwim indent-control elec-pair vs-edit-mode highlight-numbers parent-mode
highlight-indent-guides advice color doxygen-asterisk indicators
line-reminder ov fringe-helper display-line-numbers
display-fill-column-indicator auto-highlight-symbol ht alt-codes
vs-dark-theme use-ttf on dashboard-ls project nerd-icons
nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data-material-design
nerd-icons-data-font-logos nerd-icons-data-codicons
nerd-icons-data-devicons nerd-icons-data-seti-ui-custom
nerd-icons-data-weather-icons nerd-icons-data-font-awesome
nerd-icons-data-powerline nerd-icons-data-octicons
nerd-icons-data-pomicons nerd-icons-data-iec-power-symbols dashboard
dashboard-widgets recentf tree-widget wid-edit ffap file-header
thingatpt jcs-key jcs-hook comp comp-cstr warnings icons jcs-module
jcs-project noflet cl-indent dash jcs-template jcs-theme jcs-ui jcs-disp
jcs-env edmacro kmacro use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
jcs-function jcs-window jcs-util jcs-log msgu jcs-package pkg-dm elenv
cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core
zoom-window-autoloads zig-mode-autoloads yuck-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-snippets-autoloads yarn-mode-autoloads winum-autoloads
whole-line-or-region-autoloads whitespace-cleanup-mode-autoloads
which-key-autoloads web-mode-autoloads wat-mode-autoloads
vue-mode-autoloads vue-html-mode-autoloads
vsc-multiple-cursors-autoloads vsc-edit-mode-autoloads
yasnippet-autoloads vs-revbuf-autoloads vs-light-theme-autoloads
vs-electric-spacing-autoloads vs-edit-mode-autoloads
vs-dark-theme-autoloads vs-comment-return-autoloads
visual-regexp-autoloads visual-basic-mode-autoloads vimrc-mode-autoloads
vertico-flx-autoloads vertico-autoloads vc-refresh-autoloads
vbscript-mode-autoloads vbs-repl-autoloads use-ttf-autoloads
unfill-autoloads undo-tree-vf-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads
typescript-mode-autoloads turbo-log-autoloads ts-fold-autoloads
ts-docstr-autoloads treemacs-nerd-icons-autoloads
tree-sitter-langs-autoloads tree-sitter-indent-autoloads
transwin-autoloads transpose-frame-autoloads topsy-autoloads
toggle-window-autoloads toggle-profiler-autoloads togetherly-autoloads
toc-org-autoloads terminal-here-autoloads swift-mode-autoloads
suggest-autoloads ssh-config-mode-autoloads ssass-mode-autoloads
sql-indent-autoloads sort-words-autoloads snow-autoloads smex-autoloads
smart-comment-autoloads sln-mode-autoloads site-lisp-autoloads
sideline-lsp-autoloads sideline-flymake-autoloads
sideline-flycheck-autoloads sideline-color-autoloads
sideline-blame-autoloads vc-msg-autoloads sideline-autoloads
shrink-whitespace-autoloads shift-number-autoloads shell-pop-autoloads
shader-mode-autoloads scss-mode-autoloads
scrollable-quick-peek-autoloads scad-mode-autoloads rust-mode-autoloads
robots-txt-mode-autoloads right-click-context-autoloads
reveal-in-folder-autoloads restart-emacs-autoloads
repos-window-autoloads region-state-autoloads
region-occurrences-highlighter-autoloads refine-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads racket-mode-autoloads quickrun-autoloads
quick-peek-autoloads queue-autoloads quelpa-autoloads qml-mode-autoloads
python-mode-autoloads purescript-mode-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads
project-abbrev-autoloads processing-mode-autoloads prettier-autoloads
powershell-autoloads pkgbuild-mode-autoloads pkg-dm-autoloads
recentf-excl-autoloads prt-autoloads pip-requirements-autoloads
phpt-mode-autoloads polymode-autoloads php-mode-autoloads
password-mode-autoloads password-generator-autoloads parse-it-autoloads
pangu-spacing-autoloads page-break-lines-autoloads
package-build-autoloads derived organize-imports-java-autoloads
org-superstar-autoloads org-sticky-header-autoloads
org-fancy-priorities-autoloads ordinal-autoloads on-autoloads
nvm-autoloads npm-mode-autoloads nov-autoloads nocomments-mode-autoloads
nix-mode-autoloads ninja-mode-autoloads nim-mode-autoloads
nginx-mode-autoloads nerd-icons-ibuffer-autoloads
nerd-icons-dired-autoloads nerd-icons-completion-autoloads
nerd-icons-buffer-menu-autoloads noflet-autoloads nasm-mode-autoloads
mwim-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads multi-shell-autoloads
move-text-autoloads most-used-words-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads
mint-mode-autoloads minimap-autoloads meta-view-autoloads
message-clean-mode-autoloads meson-mode-autoloads mbs-autoloads
masm-mode-autoloads markdown-toc-autoloads marginalia-autoloads
manage-minor-mode-table-autoloads manage-minor-mode-autoloads
makefile-executor-autoloads magit-todos-autoloads pcre2el-autoloads
lsp-tailwindcss-autoloads lsp-sourcekit-autoloads
lsp-sonarlint-autoloads lsp-shader-autoloads lsp-pyright-autoloads
lsp-pascal-autoloads lsp-mssql-autoloads lsp-metals-autoloads
scala-mode-autoloads lsp-ltex-autoloads lsp-latex-autoloads
lsp-julia-autoloads lsp-java-autoloads lsp-haskell-autoloads
lsp-grammarly-autoloads lsp-dart-autoloads logview-autoloads
logms-autoloads log4e-autoloads literate-calc-mode-autoloads
list-utils-autoloads list-environment-autoloads line-reminder-autoloads
ov-autoloads license-templates-autoloads kubernetes-autoloads
kotlin-mode-autoloads keypression-autoloads kconfig-mode-autoloads
k8s-mode-autoloads julia-mode-autoloads json-mode-autoloads
json-snatcher-autoloads jenkinsfile-mode-autoloads jcs-poptip-autoloads
preview-it-autoloads lsp-ui-autoloads jcs-modeline-autoloads
nerd-icons-autoloads minions-autoloads moody-autoloads
jcs-frametitle-autoloads jcs-echobar-autoloads keycast-autoloads
show-eol-autoloads jayces-mode-autoloads javap-mode-autoloads
javadoc-lookup-autoloads jai-mode-autoloads iter2-autoloads
isearch-project-autoloads ini-mode-autoloads indicators-autoloads
indent-control-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads
impatient-mode-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads iedit-autoloads
idris-mode-autoloads prop-menu-autoloads ialign-autoloads
htmltagwrap-autoloads htmlize-autoloads hlsl-mode-autoloads
hl-todo-autoloads hl-preproc-autoloads highlight-numbers-autoloads
highlight-indent-guides-autoloads highlight-escape-sequences-autoloads
highlight-doxygen-autoloads hgignore-mode-autoloads hexo-autoloads
helpful-autoloads helafy-autoloads haxe-mode-autoloads hammy-autoloads
ts-autoloads haml-mode-autoloads groovy-mode-autoloads
graphql-mode-autoloads goto-line-preview-autoloads
goto-last-change-autoloads goto-char-preview-autoloads
google-this-autoloads gl-conf-mode-autoloads
gitlab-ci-mode-flycheck-autoloads gitlab-ci-mode-autoloads
gitignore-templates-autoloads github-tags-autoloads
github-browse-file-autoloads git-modes-autoloads git-link-autoloads
git-assembler-mode-autoloads gh-md-autoloads gdscript-mode-autoloads
gcmh-autoloads fvwm-mode-autoloads fsharp-mode-autoloads
fringe-helper-autoloads freeradius-mode-autoloads free-keys-autoloads
fountain-mode-autoloads forge-autoloads magit-autoloads pcase
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
ghub-autoloads treepy-autoloads font-lock-ext-autoloads fof-autoloads
flymake-shell-autoloads flymake-ruby-autoloads flymake-racket-autoloads
flymake-php-autoloads flymake-nasm-autoloads flymake-quickdef-autoloads
flymake-lua-autoloads flymake-less-autoloads less-css-mode-autoloads
flymake-haml-autoloads flymake-coffee-autoloads flymake-easy-autoloads
flycheck-swift-autoloads flycheck-relint-autoloads relint-autoloads
xr-autoloads flycheck-package-autoloads package-lint-autoloads
flycheck-ocaml-autoloads merlin-autoloads flycheck-nimsuggest-autoloads
flycheck-nim-autoloads flycheck-languagetool-autoloads
flycheck-kotlin-autoloads flycheck-haskell-autoloads
haskell-mode-autoloads flycheck-grammarly-autoloads grammarly-autoloads
websocket-autoloads flycheck-golangci-lint-autoloads
flycheck-elsa-autoloads flycheck-elm-autoloads flycheck-eask-autoloads
flycheck-deno-autoloads flycheck-crystal-autoloads
flycheck-clang-analyzer-autoloads flycheck-cask-autoloads
flycheck-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads flx-style-autoloads
flx-rs-autoloads fish-mode-autoloads fill-page-autoloads
file-header-autoloads ff-guard-autoloads fextern-autoloads
feature-mode-autoloads expand-region-autoloads execrun-autoloads
ffpc-autoloads exec-path-from-shell-autoloads eval-mark-autoloads
esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads esup-autoloads ess-autoloads
eshell-syntax-highlighting-autoloads eros-autoloads erlang-autoloads
epl-autoloads eping-autoloads epc-autoloads emp-autoloads
sound-async-autoloads emoji-github-autoloads emmet-mode-autoloads
emacsql-psql-autoloads emacsql-mysql-autoloads elm-mode-autoloads
reformatter-autoloads elixir-mode-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads
elisp-demos-autoloads elisp-def-autoloads elfeed-autoloads
elenv-autoloads electric-indent-sexp-autoloads electric-cursor-autoloads
eldoc-toml-autoloads eldoc-meta-net-autoloads eldoc-eask-autoloads
eldoc-cmake-autoloads editorconfig-generate-autoloads
editorconfig-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads echo-bar-autoloads
easky-autoloads marquee-header-autoloads eask-mode-autoloads
earthfile-mode-autoloads dumb-jump-autoloads doxygen-asterisk-autoloads
dotenv-mode-autoloads docker-compose-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
docker-autoloads transient-autoloads dist-file-mode-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads diminish-buffer-autoloads diff-hl-autoloads
define-it-autoloads wiki-summary-autoloads google-translate-autoloads
define-word-autoloads pos-tip-autoloads popup-autoloads
datetime-autoloads extmap-autoloads dashboard-ls-autoloads
dashboard-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads
treemacs-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads d-mode-autoloads
cycle-slash-autoloads cycle-quotes-autoloads cycle-case-style-autoloads
cycle-at-point-autoloads recomplete-autoloads ctable-autoloads
csv-mode-autoloads css-eldoc-autoloads csproj-mode-autoloads
csharp-mode-autoloads crystal-mode-autoloads consult-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads deferred-autoloads comware-router-mode-autoloads
composer-autoloads php-runtime-autoloads company-terraform-autoloads
terraform-mode-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads company-sourcekit-autoloads
sourcekit-autoloads company-shell-autoloads company-restclient-autoloads
restclient-autoloads know-your-http-well-autoloads
company-powershell-autoloads company-paths-autoloads
company-org-block-autoloads company-nixos-options-autoloads
nixos-options-autoloads company-nginx-autoloads
company-meta-net-autoloads meta-net-autoloads company-makefile-autoloads
company-lua-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads company-kaomoji-autoloads
kaomoji-autoloads company-go-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
company-glsl-autoloads glsl-mode-autoloads company-fuzzy-autoloads
company-emojify-autoloads emojify-autoloads
company-elisp-keywords-autoloads company-eask-autoloads eask-autoloads
company-dockerfile-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
company-dict-autoloads parent-mode-autoloads company-coffee-autoloads
company-cmd-autoloads company-c-headers-autoloads company-box-autoloads
frame-local-autoloads company-autoconf-autoloads
company-ansible-autoloads company-autoloads commenter-autoloads
command-log-mode-autoloads com-css-sort-autoloads coffee-mode-autoloads
codemetrics-autoloads tree-sitter-autoloads tsc-autoloads
codegpt-autoloads cobol-mode-autoloads cmake-font-lock-autoloads
cmake-mode-autoloads closql-autoloads emacsql-autoloads compat-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads cisco-router-mode-autoloads chatgpt-autoloads
openai-autoloads tblui-autoloads tablist-autoloads magit-popup-autoloads
request-autoloads change-case-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads centaur-tabs-autoloads powerline-autoloads
ccls-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
cask-mode-autoloads cargo-mode-autoloads caml-autoloads calfw-autoloads
caddyfile-mode-autoloads loop-autoloads buttercup-autoloads
bui-autoloads buffer-wrap-autoloads buffer-move-autoloads
buffer-menu-filter-autoloads msgu-autoloads flx-autoloads
buffer-menu-project-autoloads browse-kill-ring-autoloads
block-travel-autoloads bison-mode-autoloads better-scroll-autoloads
beancount-autoloads basic-mode-autoloads banner-comment-autoloads
balanced-windows-autoloads autotetris-mode-autoloads
auto-scroll-bar-autoloads auto-rename-tag-autoloads
auto-read-only-autoloads auto-highlight-symbol-autoloads ht-autoloads
auth-source-keytar-autoloads keytar-autoloads
aurora-config-mode-autoloads async-autoloads asoc-autoloads
ascii-table-autoloads arduino-mode-autoloads ede/auto eieio-base
spinner-autoloads apt-sources-list-autoloads rx
applescript-mode-autoloads apache-mode-autoloads ansible-doc-autoloads
ansible-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads ansi-autoloads
annotate-autoloads alt-codes-autoloads aio-autoloads adoc-mode-autoloads
adaptive-wrap-autoloads ada-mode-autoloads gnat-compiler-autoloads info
wisi-autoloads uniquify-files-autoloads actionscript-mode-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads 0xc-autoloads s-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib early-init rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
w32notify w32 lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 376758 317589)
 (symbols 48 23118 0)
 (strings 32 105238 76918)
 (string-bytes 1 3540737)
 (vectors 16 45113)
 (vector-slots 8 870807 475628)
 (floats 8 274 1173)
 (intervals 56 3122 6327)
 (buffers 984 15))