Subject: 29.0.90; Eglot does not support dot-language-server and vscode-markdown-language-server
From: Jostein Kjønigsen <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 23:19:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

If you have either vscode-markdown-language-server or 
dot-language-server installed, eglot does not seem to use them when 
activated.

Attached is a patch which fixes this.

If this is too late for Emacs 29, I'll still be happy to see it 
installed in git master :)

--
Jostein

In GNU Emacs 29.0.90 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.8) of 2023-04-12 built on thinkpad-t14s
Repository revision: 7972b76c2c7426745fad8ea0fc9325f475f728b6
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12301001
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
  'configure --with-json --with-tree-sitter'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
   magit-blob-mode: t
   global-git-commit-mode: t
   magit-auto-revert-mode: t
   bug-reference-prog-mode: t
   editorconfig-mode: t
   which-function-mode: t
   helm-mode: t
   helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
   async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   global-auto-revert-mode: t
   yas-global-mode: t
   yas-minor-mode: t
   global-nlinum-mode: t
   nlinum-mode: t
   ido-yes-or-no-mode: t
   override-global-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   global-hl-line-mode: t
   pixel-scroll-precision-mode: t
   doom-modeline-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/jostein/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230107.1528/transient hides 
/home/jostein/build/emacs/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort emacsbug helm-bookmark helm-adaptive magit-bookmark
bookmark mail-extr goto-addr mule-util display-line-numbers magit-extras
magit-submodule magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
diff git-commit log-edit pcvs-util magit-core magit-autorevert
magit-margin magit-transient magit-process with-editor magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base magit-section crm executable pulse
markdown-mode color misearch multi-isearch add-log vc bug-reference
vc-git diff-mode vc-dispatcher helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug
helm-info elec-pair graphviz-dot-mode winner image-file image-converter
helm-external helm-net tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp
zeroconf ffap org-capture org-duration diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-iso
disp-table flyspell ispell oc-basic ol-eww ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc
ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit cus-start cus-load minibuf-eldef
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived
epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win
ol-docview doc-view jka-compr ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi face-remap org-agenda org-element org-persist org-id
avl-tree org-refile elisp-slime-nav highlight-symbol flycheck
editorconfig editorconfig-core editorconfig-core-handle
editorconfig-fnmatch company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags
etags fileloop generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev company-files company-clang company-capf company-cmake
company-semantic company-template company-bbdb company eglot
external-completion array jsonrpc ert pp ewoc debug backtrace
flymake-proc flymake warnings which-func hideshow eww url-queue
thingatpt shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom puny mm-url gnus
nnheader gnus-util mail-utils range wid-edit mm-util mail-prsvr
helm-imenu helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired image-dired-tags
image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode dired
dired-loaddefs exif tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration
files-x tramp-compat shell parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp helm-buffers
helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils
helm-help helm-types helm helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-core
async-bytecomp helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib async pcase imenu
ob-plantuml delsel autorevert filenotify org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities time-date noutline outline
icons ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold
org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec yasnippet
paredit nlinum linum ido-yes-or-no advice ido edmacro kmacro
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode xref project server hl-line
pixel-scroll cua-base compile-eslint compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons shrink-path rx compat f f-shortdoc dash s
dracula-theme cl-extra help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core
finder-inf yasnippet-autoloads ido-yes-or-no-autoloads
elisp-slime-nav-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads flycheck-autoloads
pkg-info-autoloads magit-autoloads all-the-icons-autoloads
crontab-mode-autoloads graphviz-dot-mode-autoloads powershell-autoloads
doom-modeline-autoloads undo-tree-autoloads magit-section-autoloads
paredit-autoloads dracula-theme-autoloads cargo-autoloads
yaml-mode-autoloads helm-autoloads popup-autoloads queue-autoloads
nlinum-autoloads bmx-mode-autoloads company-autoloads gptel-autoloads
git-commit-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads
lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads
ace-window-autoloads avy-autoloads bui-autoloads transient-autoloads
ido-completing-read+-autoloads memoize-autoloads with-editor-autoloads
compat-autoloads epl-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads yaml-autoloads
highlight-symbol-autoloads expand-region-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads spinner-autoloads ht-autoloads
shrink-path-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads s-autoloads info
editorconfig-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers
url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache
json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 724048 81845)
  (symbols 48 49565 0)
  (strings 32 222347 13408)
  (string-bytes 1 6598820)
  (vectors 16 103113)
  (vector-slots 8 1936358 148023)
  (floats 8 1102 785)
  (intervals 56 10739 3412)
  (buffers 984 60))

-- 
Vennlig hilsen
*Jostein Kjønigsen*

[email-masked] 🍵 [email-masked]
https://jostein.kjønigsen.no <https://jostein.kjønigsen.no>

From 5f0fe35d3ec351a14f816a3d45e0bc5c0f5f99e3 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: =?UTF-8?q?Jostein=20Kj=C3=B8nigsen?= <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 23:11:02 +0200
Subject: [PATCH] Eglot: Add support for additional language-servers

---
 lisp/progmodes/eglot.el | 6 +++++-
 1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
index cb9190a7523..742714a8721 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/eglot.el
@@ -249,7 +249,11 @@ eglot-server-programs
                                        ("csharp-ls"))))
                                 (purescript-mode . ("purescript-language-server" "--stdio"))
                                 ((perl-mode cperl-mode) . ("perl" "-MPerl::LanguageServer" "-e" "Perl::LanguageServer::run"))
-                                (markdown-mode . ("marksman" "server")))
+                                (markdown-mode
+                                 . ,(eglot-alternatives
+                                     '(("marksman" "server")
+                                       ("vscode-markdown-language-server" "--stdio"))))
+                                (graphviz-dot-mode . ("dot-language-server" "--stdio")))
   "How the command `eglot' guesses the server to start.
 An association list of (MAJOR-MODE . CONTACT) pairs.  MAJOR-MODE
 identifies the buffers that are to be managed by a specific
-- 
2.40.0