Subject: Re: bug#6251: How only show time of files with ls?
From: Bob Proulx <[email-masked]>
To: Peng Yu <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 19:03:56 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Peng Yu wrote:
> ls -go gives me permission and file sizes. But I only want to show
> time and file names. Would you please let me know what command to use?

Please don't ask the same question on many different mailing lists.
Note that I replied to your message in bug-bash with the following:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2010-05/msg00140.html

  Since this has nothing to do with bash it is off topic for the
  bug-bash list.  In the future think about sending general help
  questions to the [email-masked] mailing list instead.  Or if
  you are specific about 'ls' then the [email-masked] mailing list of
  which 'ls' is a component.

  You might consider using 'stat' for this.

    stat --printf "%y %n\n" *

  Or 'find'.

    find . -maxdepth 1 -printf "%TF %TT %p\n"

  Or some combination of the two.

Bob