Subject: [PATCH] doc: Regarding SSL certs, clarify when we write about Guix System.
From: Florian Pelz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Florian Pelz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2023 20:37:38 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Rationale: Even though the section 'X.509 Certificates' is part of the
System Configuration chapter, readers might also come here from a
cross-reference when reading about Application Setup on a foreign
distro.

* doc/guix.texi (System Configuration)[X.509 Certificates]: Clarify.
---
 doc/guix.texi | 13 +++++++------
 1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/guix.texi b/doc/guix.texi
index c49e51b72e..9ce244a6ee 100644
--- a/doc/guix.texi
+++ b/doc/guix.texi
@@ -60,7 +60,7 @@ Copyright @copyright{} 2018, 2021 Oleg Pykhalov@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2018 Mike Gerwitz@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2018 Pierre-Antoine Rouby@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2018, 2019 Gábor Boskovits@*
-Copyright @copyright{} 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022 Florian Pelz@*
+Copyright @copyright{} 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023 Florian Pelz@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2018 Laura Lazzati@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2018 Alex Vong@*
 Copyright @copyright{} 2019 Josh Holland@*
@@ -38639,11 +38639,12 @@ However, most other programs that can talk HTTPS---@command{wget},
 certificates can be found.
 
 @cindex @code{nss-certs}
-In Guix, this is done by adding a package that provides certificates
-to the @code{packages} field of the @code{operating-system} declaration
-(@pxref{operating-system Reference}).  Guix includes one such package,
-@code{nss-certs}, which is a set of CA certificates provided as part of
-Mozilla's Network Security Services.
+For users of Guix System, this is done by adding a package that
+provides certificates to the @code{packages} field of the
+@code{operating-system} declaration (@pxref{operating-system
+Reference}).  Guix includes one such package, @code{nss-certs}, which
+is a set of CA certificates provided as part of Mozilla's Network
+Security Services.
 
 Note that it is @emph{not} part of @code{%base-packages}, so you need to
 explicitly add it.  The @file{/etc/ssl/certs} directory, which is where

base-commit: c9af27d4ca733b20f09019f1465d3e5fdc1ec724
-- 
2.39.2