Subject: Re: bug#62386: CC Mode 5.35.2 (C++//l); C++ concept indentation
From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
To: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2023 17:01:13 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello, Michael.

On Fri, Apr 14, 2023 at 08:03:40 -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
> Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]> writes:

> > This is a difficult one.  Aligning the || under OctetLike causes problems
> > when the parenthesis is already far to the right, for example if requires
> > is on the same line as template.  Then everything will be indented too
> > far to the right.  This dilemma has come up at least twice before.

> > I think what's worse is the lack of further indentation of the && line.
> > I don't know what to do about that, at the moment.

> I guess I just see it as the standard parenthesized expression problem
> that already exists.  It's generally up to the programmer to make sure
> opening parentheses don't happen too far to the right.

> I agree about the && line.

> > I'm also a little bit worried about the "virtual semicolon" detection on
> > some more complicated requires constructs.

> > Anyhow, I think I'll commit what I've got, and leave these doubts to be
> > cleared up later.

> Sure.  I'm generally happy with the improvements that have been made so
> far.

OK, I've committed the patch, and I'm closing the bug, even though the
patch is imperfect.

> -- 
> Michael Welsh Duggan
> ([email-masked])

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).