Subject: Re: [bug#62378] [PATCH 0/3] Update supported-systems.
From: Greg Hogan <[email-masked]>
To: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 May 2023 16:20:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 10:49 AM Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Greg Hogan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > Greg Hogan (3):
> >   gnu: b2sum: Limit to x86_64-linux.
> >   gnu: tokyocabinet: Limit to x86_64-linux and i686-linux.
> >   gnu: libx86emu: Limit to x86_64-linux and i686-linux.
>
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks for these patches.
>
> I've pushed the b2sum one to master as
> e0cb344b18034bfb41905c627d2b3b9dbf2e65fb.
>
> I held back on the other two since they seem to successfully build on
> systems beyond the ones you've specified. I was checking the builds
> using data.guix.gnu.org.

I see that Debian has these two packages available for additional
architectures, but within Guix tokyocabinet fails with "gcc: error:
unrecognized command-line option ‘-minline-all-stringops’" on both
powerpc64le-linux (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/13653/details) and
aarch64-linux (https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/49140/details). That
option looks to be x86 online
(https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-12.3.0/gcc/x86-Function-Attributes.html).
I don't see anything apropos in the list of Debian patches
(https://packages.debian.org/bullseye/tokyocabinet-bin).