Subject: 29.0.60; eglot-test-tramp-test-2 fails on EMBA
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 09:56:03 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The test eglot-test-tramp-test-2 fails on EMBA:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Test eglot-test-tramp-test-2 backtrace:
  signal(end-of-file ("Error reading from stdin"))
  tramp-error((tramp-file-name "mock" nil nil "55ffaf6b25da" nil "/tmp
  tramp-signal-hook-function(end-of-file ("Error reading from stdin"))
  yes-or-no-p("Lock file on local temporary directory, do you wan...")
  tramp-handle-lock-file("/mock:55ffaf6b25da:/tmp/eglot--fixtureF9ktLK
  apply(tramp-handle-lock-file "/mock:55ffaf6b25da:/tmp/eglot--fixture
  tramp-sh-file-name-handler(lock-file "/mock:55ffaf6b25da:/tmp/eglot-
  apply(tramp-sh-file-name-handler lock-file "/mock:55ffaf6b25da:/tmp/
  tramp-file-name-handler(lock-file "/mock:55ffaf6b25da:/tmp/eglot--fi
  insert("p ")
  (let (c-notifs) (advice-add #'jsonrpc--log-event :before #'(lambda (
  (unwind-protect (let (c-notifs) (advice-add #'jsonrpc--log-event :be
  (save-current-buffer (set-buffer (eglot--find-file-noselect "project
  (let ((eglot-server-programs '((c-mode "clangd")))) (save-current-bu
  (closure (company-candidates typescript-mode-abbrev-table typescript
  funcall((closure (company-candidates typescript-mode-abbrev-table ty
  (prog1 (funcall fn) (setq test-body-successful-p t))
  (let* ((process-environment (append (list "XDG_CONFIG_HOME=/dev/null
  (unwind-protect (let* ((process-environment (append (list "XDG_CONFI
  (let* ((fixture-directory (make-nearby-temp-file "eglot--fixture" t)
  eglot--call-with-fixture((("project" ("foo.c" . "const char write_da
  eglot-tests--lsp-abiding-column-1()
  funcall(eglot-tests--lsp-abiding-column-1)
  (let* ((tramp-remote-path (cons 'tramp-own-remote-path tramp-remote-
  eglot--call-with-tramp-test(eglot-tests--lsp-abiding-column-1)
  (closure (tramp-histfile-override company-candidates typescript-mode
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name eglot-test-tramp-test-2 :documentatio
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))) #f(compil
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativecomp))))
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :nativeco
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "-l" "lisp/progmodes/eglot-test
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test eglot-test-tramp-test-2 condition:
    (end-of-file "Error reading from stdin")
   FAILED  50/50  eglot-test-tramp-test-2 (1.173894 sec) at lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el:1277
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The following patch should fix it.

diff --git a/test/lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el b/test/lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el
index 7a90d68d213..2388cf9ef51 100644
--- a/test/lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el
+++ b/test/lisp/progmodes/eglot-tests.el
@@ -1261,6 +1261,7 @@ eglot--call-with-tramp-test
   ;; really just the local host.
   (let* ((tramp-remote-path (cons 'tramp-own-remote-path tramp-remote-path))
          (tramp-histfile-override t)
+         (tramp-allow-unsafe-temporary-files t)
          (tramp-verbose 1)
          (temporary-file-directory ert-remote-temporary-file-directory)
          (default-directory temporary-file-directory))

Best regards, Michael.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.60 (build 21, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.37, cairo version 1.17.6) of 2023-03-18 built on gandalf
Repository revision: 0eddfa28ebdba3b1e5b3249416f14ea67bd41e3c
Repository branch: emacs-29
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12201008
System Description: Fedora Linux 37 (Workstation Edition)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM
XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-goto-address-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/tramp-theme/tramp-theme-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-theme-0.2/tramp-theme-pkg
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/hydra-0.15.0/lv hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/lv-0.15.0/lv
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-org hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-org
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-gnu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-gnu
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-guix hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-guix
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-browse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-browse
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-pkg hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-pkg
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-autoloads hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-autoloads
/home/albinus/src/elpa/packages/debbugs/debbugs-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/debbugs-0.35/debbugs-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-container hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-container
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/trampver
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/tramp-2.6.0.2/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/trampver
/home/albinus/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20230304.1149/transient hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/transient
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/trampver hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/trampver
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-uu hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-uu
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sudoedit hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-sudoedit
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sshfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-sshfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-smb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-smb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-sh hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-sh
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-rclone hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-rclone
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-loaddefs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-gvfs hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-gvfs
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-fuse hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-fuse
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-ftp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-ftp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-crypt hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-crypt
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-integration hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-integration
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-compat hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-compat
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cmds hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-cmds
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-cache hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-cache
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-archive hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-archive
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-adb hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-adb
/home/albinus/src/tramp/lisp/tramp-container hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/tramp-container
~/lisp/dbus hides /home/albinus/src/emacs-29/lisp/net/dbus

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pop3 utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnml
network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig
gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom nnnil
smtpmail gnus-demon nntp gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
xml gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
gnus-win gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search mail-utils range
mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit face-remap ob-shell ob ob-tangle ol org-src
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp ob-comint ob-core org-cycle org-fold
org-fold-core ob-eval org-keys oc org-compat org-version org-macs vc
vc-dispatcher time tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh lxd-tramp lxc-tramp
tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration files-x tramp-compat
warnings icons shell pcomplete comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring
parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec delsel ido jka-compr
icomplete dired dired-loaddefs goto-addr thingatpt envrc-autoloads
vertico-autoloads dired-rsync-autoloads transient-dwim-autoloads
transient-autoloads orderless-autoloads
recentf-remove-sudo-tramp-prefix-autoloads auth-source-keytar-autoloads
direnv-autoloads flycheck-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads
auth-source-xoauth2-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads relint-autoloads
counsel-tramp-autoloads auto-virtualenv-autoloads
helm-projectile-autoloads lsp-java-autoloads ibuffer-tramp-autoloads
jarchive-autoloads dap-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
yaml-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads treemacs-autoloads cfrs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads hydra-autoloads pfuture-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
lv-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads ht-autoloads ace-window-autoloads
alert-autoloads debbugs-autoloads pythonic-autoloads f-autoloads
keytar-autoloads ssh-deploy-autoloads lxc-tramp-autoloads xr-autoloads
pylint-autoloads clojure-mode-autoloads avy-autoloads mastodon-autoloads
ts-autoloads s-autoloads persist-autoloads request-autoloads
helm-tramp-autoloads helm-autoloads helm-core-autoloads async-autoloads
auth-source-gopass-autoloads ednc-autoloads ghub-autoloads
treepy-autoloads compat-autoloads bui-autoloads dash-autoloads info rx
nlinum-autoloads projectile-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 199827 12632)
 (symbols 48 19752 0)
 (strings 32 65685 3383)
 (string-bytes 1 2293918)
 (vectors 16 34215)
 (vector-slots 8 423410 13887)
 (floats 8 245 492)
 (intervals 56 501 0)
 (buffers 976 21))