Subject: 30.0.50; tree-sitter + python: string fontification does not handle nested strings
From: Mickey Petersen <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2023 22:30:23 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I think the query and/or the way fontification is applied is causing a
problem when you nested double quotes inside single quotes:

# not right
A = 'before "inside" after'

# right
B = "before 'inside' after"

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 9, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.20, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-02-23 built on mickey-work
Repository revision: fad3665069740e002fcb7f9313f9eeec81ad9a0c
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12013000
System Description: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --with-native-compilation --with-json --with-mailutils
 --without-compress-install --with-imagemagick CC=gcc-10'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER X11 XDBE
XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB