Subject: Re: Staging branch (was: Moving forward with teams and feature branches)
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Josselin Poiret <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 15:04:09 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Am Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 10:13:35PM +0100 schrieb Josselin Poiret:
> 4. staging merge happens, and the branch gets deleted.

I tried to build staging for my profile on x86_64, but it failed with
a dependency of ffmpeg, rust-rav1e-0.5.1. There is a newer version 0.6.3,
but I did not simply update it, since the package looks particularly
complicated, containing a phase:
         (add-after 'configure 'force-rust-edition-2018
           (lambda* (#:key vendor-dir #:allow-other-keys)
             ;; Force all the dependencies to not be higher than edition 2018.
             (with-fluids ((%default-port-encoding #f))
               (substitute* (find-files vendor-dir "Cargo.toml")
                 (("edition = \\\"2021\\\"") "edition = \"2018\"")))))
and many other changes.

If someone who knows rust could have a look and make a suggestion, that
would be great.

Andreas