Subject: Re: bug#61266: [PATCH 1/1] lint: Add unused-modules linter.
From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
To: Reily Siegel <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2023 11:53:45 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Reily,

Reily Siegel <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I have just submitted a patch adding a ‘-Wunused-module’ warning to
>> Guile’s compiler, which avoids these issues:
>>
>>   https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-devel/2023-02/msg00026.html
>>
>> I wonder if we should stick to that and avoid having a lint warning
>> altogether.  WDYT?
>
> This is probably a much more workable approach. Another problem with
> lint checkers that I forgot to mention in my initial patch is that they
> are really designed to work on packages, not files.

Alright, I’m closing this issue but let’s reopen it if we eventually
change our mind.

Thanks for looking into this!

Ludo’.