Subject: guix shell '-E' option can be silently ignored
From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
To: bug-guix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2023 11:28:50 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I just encountered a situation where -E is not correctly parsed/used and
ignore silently.

Reproducer:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix shell -CD igraph -E /gnu=/gnu strace
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The above doesn't work (there are far too few entries to /gnu/store, it
isn't shared).

This works:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
guix shell -CD igraph --expose=/gnu=/gnu strace
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim