Subject: Lucid trunk build crashes at start
From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 01:34:56 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: Emacs
Version: 24.0.50

My Lucid build of Emacs crashes right at the start before any frame gets
opened (emacs -nw works fine):

   (gdb) r -Q
   Starting program: /home/monnier/src/emacs/bzr/trunk/src/emacs -Q
   [Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
   
   Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
   0xb7f1cad0 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   (gdb) bt
   #0  0xb7f1cad0 in XtInitializeWidgetClass () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #1  0xb7f1daf8 in _XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #2  0xb7f1dea4 in XtCreateWidget () from /usr/lib/libXt.so.6
   #3  0x081ea276 in x_window (f=0x8a7c0b0, window_prompting=0, 
       minibuffer_only=0) at xfns.c:2530
   #4  0x081ec8eb in Fx_create_frame (parms=...) at xfns.c:3471
   #5  0x0836ae34 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffde20) at eval.c:3028
   #6  0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #7  0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1, arg_vector=0x5)
       at eval.c:3215
   #8  0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffe140) at eval.c:3074
   #9  0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #10 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=1, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #11 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0xbfffe460) at eval.c:3074
   #12 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #13 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #14 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbfffe780) at eval.c:3074
   #15 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #16 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x7)
       at eval.c:3215
   #17 0x0836b478 in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0xbfffeaa0) at eval.c:3074
   #18 0x083f3467 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=..., vector=..., maxdepth=...)
       at bytecode.c:680
   #19 0x0836be7b in funcall_lambda (fun=..., nargs=0, arg_vector=0x6)
       at eval.c:3215
   #20 0x0836b739 in apply_lambda (fun=..., args=..., eval_flag=1) at eval.c:3139
   #21 0x08368ef1 in Feval (form=...) at eval.c:2411
   #22 0x08272aa7 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1365
   #23 0x08365eef in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x8272a8c <top_level_2>, 
       handlers=..., hfun=0x827247b <cmd_error>) at eval.c:1512
   #24 0x08272af3 in top_level_1 () at keyboard.c:1373
   #25 0x0836576d in internal_catch (tag=..., func=0x8272ab3 <top_level_1>, 
       arg=...) at eval.c:1248
   #26 0x082729d7 in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1328
   #27 0x08271a8b in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:950
   #28 0x0827203d in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1012
   #29 0x0826f91c in main (argc=2, argv=0xbffff5a4) at emacs.c:1784
   
   Lisp Backtrace:
   Cannot access memory at address 0x1115a5b
   (gdb) 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-04-29 on pastel
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10706000
configured using `configure  '--enable-maintainer-mode' 'CFLAGS=-Wall -Wno-pointer-sign -DUSE_LISP_UNION_TYPE -DSYNC_INPUT -DENABLE_CHECKING -DXASSERTS -DFONTSET_DEBUG -g -O1 -I/usr/include/GNUstep' 'LDFLAGS=-L/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/home/monnier/src/Xaw3d''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Minibuffer-Area

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-reveal-mode: t
  reveal-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
, C-e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> ) C-a C-x C-s <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> C-s 
H A S H C O N C-a <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> M-x c d <return> <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
<M-backspace> s r <tab> <return> M-x g u d - g d <tab> 
<return> <return> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> q <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> p w 
d <return> c d SPC . . / . . / t r u n k / s r c <return> 
r SPC - Q <return> f i l e SPC e m a c s <return> y 
<return> y <return> M-p M-p M-p <return> r <return> 
C-d y <return> M-x M-p <return> C-g M-x c d <return> 
<M-backspace> <M-backspace> t r <tab> s r <tab> <return> 
M-x g d b <backspace> <backspace> u d - g d <tab> <return> 
<return> r SPC - Q <return> b t <return> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> 
<triple-mouse-4> M-> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> 
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> 
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
<switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> 
<switch-frame> <select-window> <switch-frame> <select-window> 
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...
Ispell process killed
Starting new Ispell process [american] ...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-whois hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-whois
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-w3 hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-w3
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-vm hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-vm
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-snarf hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-snarf
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-sc hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-sc
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-rmail
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-print hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-print
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-migrate hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-migrate
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-mhe
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-merge hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-merge
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gui hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gui
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-gnus
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-ftp hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-ftp
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-com hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-com
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/bbdb/bbdb-hooks hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/bbdb/lisp/bbdb-hooks

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr message sendmail rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader emacsbug
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref
semantic/find semantic/db eieio-base semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw eieio eieio-comp mode-local cedet autorevert doc-view
jka-compr image-mode dired gud apropos derived macroexp warnings
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile rect cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs cal-french
diary-lib diary-loaddefs mule-util cal-move cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs misc ielm pp timezone smerge-mode conf-mode grep compile
comint dabbrev find-func skeleton multi-isearch log-view wid-edit
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs debug log-edit ring pcvs-util executable copyright filecache
add-log whitespace diff-mode vc-bzr sha1 hex-util vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher server noutline outline easy-mmode
flyspell ispell eldoc checkdoc regexp-opt thingatpt help-mode easymenu
view url-handlers url-parse url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr reveal
autoinsert uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload savehist
minibuf-eldef cl cl-19 cl-loaddefs proof-site proof-autoloads pg-vars
bbdb-autoloads agda2 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
newcomment menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)