Subject: 30.0.50; [PATCH] Fix completion-auto-help docstring
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:26:13 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I attached a small patch to remove an extra period in
completion-auto-help docstring.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
  3.24.33, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2023-01-09 built on baruch
Repository revision: ec105a45c9f8b56ade9e76324960a726eaf24038
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
  'configure --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
   value of $LC_MONETARY: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LC_TIME: it_IT.UTF-8
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
   goto-address-mode: t
   detached-shell-mode: t
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   server-mode: t
   comint-fontify-input-mode: t
   savehist-mode: t
   global-so-long-mode: t
   winner-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   global-eldoc-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   window-divider-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug pcmpl-git sh-script smie treesit
executable goto-addr detached-shell detached tramp tramp-loaddefs
trampver tramp-integration cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit files-x
tramp-compat parse-time iso8601 ls-lisp format-spec notifications dbus
xml autorevert filenotify shell pcomplete dabbrev flyspell ispell
log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log smerge-mode diff whitespace bug-reference pulse color
view jka-compr find-func xref misearch multi-isearch noutline outline
cl-print completion help-fns radix-tree vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher pp buffer-env compat vc-svn server
modus-operandi-theme modus-themes delight comp comp-cstr rx cl-extra
elec-pair time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt help-mode flymake-proc flymake
project compile text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color warnings
icons thingatpt savehist so-long winner ring pdf-loader detached-init
pcase ibuf-macs delsel info auctex-autoloads tex-site
flymake-kondor-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
cider-autoloads sesman-autoloads parseedn-autoloads parseclj-autoloads
spinner-autoloads buffer-env-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads
clojure-mode-autoloads compat-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
queue-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads tablist-autoloads delight-autoloads
detached-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy
url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file
url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq
eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 294328 26812)
  (symbols 48 20071 3)
  (strings 32 64769 6810)
  (string-bytes 1 1963992)
  (vectors 16 39736)
  (vector-slots 8 1323264 80168)
  (floats 8 233 337)
  (intervals 56 1708 0)
  (buffers 976 30))

-- 
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu

From d1e447ac13a794f190ee465c1bb9d59762cf2007 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Manuel Uberti <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 14:24:04 +0100
Subject: [PATCH] Fix completion-auto-help docstring

* lisp/minibuffer.el (completion-auto-help): Remove extra period.
---
 lisp/minibuffer.el | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/minibuffer.el b/lisp/minibuffer.el
index f47299bd0d..21d4607e7c 100644
--- a/lisp/minibuffer.el
+++ b/lisp/minibuffer.el
@@ -986,7 +986,7 @@ completion-auto-help
 If the value is `visible', the *Completions* buffer is displayed
 whenever completion is requested but cannot be done for the first time,
 but remains visible thereafter, and the list of completions in it is
-updated for subsequent attempts to complete.."
+updated for subsequent attempts to complete."
   :type '(choice (const :tag "Don't show" nil)
                  (const :tag "Show only when cannot complete" t)
                  (const :tag "Show after second failed completion attempt" lazy)
-- 
2.34.1