Subject: 29.0.50; fido-mode and ssh not listing hosts
From: Ergus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 15:47:57 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi:

Recently I have found that icomplete does not offer host completions
after /ssh:

After some check I got this minimal snippet:

emacs -Q
M-x fido-mode
C-x C-f /ssh:<tab>

Somehow fido mode removes the latest colon (:) and tries to get
completion for /ssh so not host are shown (even in the completions
buffer).

If I choose at this point some of the options (sshx:, ssh:, sshfs:) it a
buffer `ssh:` is created at / (read only of course.)

trying a bit more like:

C-x C-f /ssh:m<tab> (I have many servers starting with m in my ssh config)

It does not show anything as completion but shows [No matches] while
normally in *Completions* appear all the hosts defined in .ssh/config.

I tried with icomplete and the problem seems to be only with fido.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 73, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.31, cairo version 1.17.4)
 of 2022-02-16 built on Ergus
Repository revision: 8737d79be8f82bb12ca12dc1a7de37a4d2875f39
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/home/ergo/.local/ --with-mailutils --with-json
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-xft --with-wide-int --with-modules
 --with-cairo --with-harfbuzz --with-native-compilation --with-pgtk'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  xclip-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  diff-hl-margin-mode: t
  composable-mark-mode: t
  composable-mode: t
  fido-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  fido-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
~/gits/emacs_clones/composable/composable-mark hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/composable-20201024.1458/composable-mark
~/gits/emacs_clones/composable/composable hides /home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/composable-20201024.1458/composable
/home/ergo/.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20220216.2303/transient hides /home/ergo/.local/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr autorevert filenotify xclip emacsbug message
mailcap yank-media rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa
derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils elec-pair flyspell-correct flyspell ispell company-semantic
company-template company-capf company flycheck ansi-color json map
find-func dash pcase diff-hl-margin diff-hl-dired advice dired
dired-loaddefs diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
diff-mode cape term/tmux term/xterm xterm init composable
composable-mark icomplete repeat xt-mouse edmacro kmacro mb-depth
simple-16-theme winner ring saveplace delsel savehist
display-fill-column-indicator display-line-numbers diminish which-key
cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core disp-table info ede/auto eieio-base cl-seq eieio seq
subr-x byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core cl-macs gv
eieio-loaddefs cl-loaddefs cl-lib tex-site rx slime-autoloads early-init
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray
cl-preloaded nadvice button loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files
window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 185154 26978)
 (symbols 48 14286 0)
 (strings 32 51271 5428)
 (string-bytes 1 1740902)
 (vectors 16 21827)
 (vector-slots 8 379766 240772)
 (floats 8 107 1255)
 (intervals 56 762 0)
 (buffers 992 10))